10 Year Anniversary | Screenshot Contest

10 Year Anniversary | Screenshot Contest

David Abbott-2
Hi Josh,
The announcement and screenshot contest is ready to go. I attached an
archive of the 2 files. The links should be fine if both files are in
the same directory. I put as the email address to submit screenshots
[hidden email].

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-anniversary-announcement.xml
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-screenshot-contest.xml

Thanks,
-david

2009-anniversary.tar.bz2 (4K) Download Attachment

Re: 10 Year Anniversary | Screenshot Contest

David Abbott-2
David Abbott wrote:

> Hi Josh,
> The announcement and screenshot contest is ready to go. I attached an
> archive of the 2 files. The links should be fine if both files are in
> the same directory. I put as the email address to submit screenshots
> [hidden email].
>
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-anniversary-announcement.xml
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-screenshot-contest.xml
>
> Thanks,
> -david
I forgot, I need to change the line in 2009-screenshot-contest.xml
from;
One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux
machine. For this, an open terminal with uname -a output is used.
to;
One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux
machine. For this, an open terminal with emerge --info | head -1.

Question: Will that work for paludis and pkgcore?

Re: 10 Year Anniversary | Screenshot Contest

Robin H. Johnson-2
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 05:54:05PM -0400, David Abbott wrote:

> David Abbott wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>> The announcement and screenshot contest is ready to go. I attached an
>> archive of the 2 files. The links should be fine if both files are in the
>> same directory. I put as the email address to submit screenshots
>> [hidden email].
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-anniversary-announcement.xml
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-screenshot-contest.xml
>> Thanks,
>> -david
> I forgot, I need to change the line in 2009-screenshot-contest.xml
> from;
> One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux machine.
> For this, an open terminal with uname -a output is used.
> to;
> One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux machine.
> For this, an open terminal with emerge --info | head -1.

"head -1" is NOT valid on modern systems.
You need to use "head -n 1".

> Question: Will that work for paludis and pkgcore?
They're installed in parallel with Portage still.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
GnuPG FP   : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED  F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Re: 10 Year Anniversary | Screenshot Contest (updated)

David Abbott-2
Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 05:54:05PM -0400, David Abbott wrote:
>> David Abbott wrote:
>>> Hi Josh,
>>> The announcement and screenshot contest is ready to go. I attached an
>>> archive of the 2 files. The links should be fine if both files are in the
>>> same directory. I put as the email address to submit screenshots
>>> [hidden email].
>>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-anniversary-announcement.xml
>>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/pr/2009-screenshot-contest.xml
>>> Thanks,
>>> -david
>> I forgot, I need to change the line in 2009-screenshot-contest.xml
>> from;
>> One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux machine.
>> For this, an open terminal with uname -a output is used.
>> to;
>> One must prove the origin of their screenshot being a Gentoo Linux machine.
>> For this, an open terminal with emerge --info | head -1.
>
> "head -1" is NOT valid on modern systems.
> You need to use "head -n 1".
>
>> Question: Will that work for paludis and pkgcore?
> They're installed in parallel with Portage still.

OK, I fixed it, that should be it.
thanks,
-david

2009-anniversary-final.tar.bz2 (4K) Download Attachment