17.0 profiles and x86

nholland
Hi folks,

just a short question: Looking through the portage tree git logs, I
can see that yesterday, the new 17.0 profiles have been generated for
quite a few arches besides amd64 (where they have already existed for
a while). However, it seems that for some arches, most notably x86,
the new profiles have not been generated. Is there any specific reason
for this, or is it just something that is going to happen later? Just
wondering...

Greetings and thanks!
Nils

Re: 17.0 profiles and x86

Andreas K. Huettel
Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2017, 12:57:46 CEST schrieb Nils Holland:
> Hi folks,
>
> just a short question: Looking through the portage tree git logs, I
> can see that yesterday, the new 17.0 profiles have been generated for
> quite a few arches besides amd64 (where they have already existed for
> a while). However, it seems that for some arches, most notably x86,
> the new profiles have not been generated. Is there any specific reason
> for this, or is it just something that is going to happen later? Just
> wondering...

Yes. I had to have dinner, and stopped in the alphabet at N (=nios2). :)

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
[hidden email]

Re: 17.0 profiles and x86

nholland
On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 01:56:39PM +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> Am Samstag, 7. Oktober 2017, 12:57:46 CEST schrieb Nils Holland:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > just a short question: Looking through the portage tree git logs, I
> > can see that yesterday, the new 17.0 profiles have been generated for
> > quite a few arches besides amd64 (where they have already existed for
> > a while). However, it seems that for some arches, most notably x86,
> > the new profiles have not been generated. Is there any specific reason
> > for this, or is it just something that is going to happen later? Just
> > wondering...
>
> Yes. I had to have dinner, and stopped in the alphabet at N (=nios2). :)

Right, that's totally understandable! And I thought something was
wrong with the arches where it had not yet happened ... next time in
similar situations I should probably just wait a bit longer and see. ;-)

Greetings and thanks!
Nils