17.0 profiles

Andreas K. Huettel
Hi all,

Since gcc-6 stabilization is drawing closer, I'm going to prepare the
remaining 17.0 profiles (right now they only exist for amd64).

Meaning... copy profiles/default/linux/*/13.0 to profiles/default/linux/*/
17.0, and edit it so it inherits 17.0 instead of 13.0.

Plan is to add the new profiles as "exp" to profiles.desc when arches are
cc'ed to the gcc-6 stablereq, and switch them to the same status (exp/dev/
stable) as the corresponding 13.0 profiles when an arch stabilizes gcc-6.

Packages that don't build with >=gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.
<gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.

I'll only take care of the default/linux/* profiles. Everyone else (hardened,
BSD, musl, ...) please feel free to contact me for advice.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
[hidden email]

Re: 17.0 profiles

Magnus Granberg-2
fredag 6 oktober 2017 kl. 14:23:49 CEST skrev  Andreas K. Huettel:

> Hi all,
>
> Since gcc-6 stabilization is drawing closer, I'm going to prepare the
> remaining 17.0 profiles (right now they only exist for amd64).
>
> Meaning... copy profiles/default/linux/*/13.0 to profiles/default/linux/*/
> 17.0, and edit it so it inherits 17.0 instead of 13.0.
>
> Plan is to add the new profiles as "exp" to profiles.desc when arches are
> cc'ed to the gcc-6 stablereq, and switch them to the same status (exp/dev/
> stable) as the corresponding 13.0 profiles when an arch stabilizes gcc-6.
>
> Packages that don't build with >=gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.
> <gcc-6 will be masked in the 17.0 profiles.
>
> I'll only take care of the default/linux/* profiles. Everyone else
> (hardened, BSD, musl, ...) please feel free to contact me for advice.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
Hardened will move to features/hardened as selinux have and be addad as sub
profile to the 17.0 profiles. Amd64 will go first.
/Magnus G.