Acer Aspire One

Florian Philipp-4
Hi list!

Does anyone have such toy running Gentoo? I'm experiencing some little
problems (no frequency scaling, among other things) and I'm pretty sure
I've just missed a kernel config.

Could someone who has this thing up and running post kernel config,
version and maybe an lsmod-output?

Thanks!

Re: Acer Aspire One

Momesso Andrea
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 05:44:00PM +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Does anyone have such toy running Gentoo? I'm experiencing some little
> problems (no frequency scaling, among other things) and I'm pretty sure
> I've just missed a kernel config.
>
> Could someone who has this thing up and running post kernel config, version
> and maybe an lsmod-output?
>
> Thanks!
You might wanto to try this: http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Don't care about the "debain" thing on the link, it's really helpful if
you are not familiar with your hardware.

Just paste the "lspci -n" output and see wich modules you should install

===========================
Momesso Andrea
http://topperh.blogspot.com
===========================

Re: Acer Aspire One

Florian Philipp-4
Momesso Andrea schrieb:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 05:44:00PM +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
>> Hi list!
>>
>> Does anyone have such toy running Gentoo? I'm experiencing some little
>> problems (no frequency scaling, among other things) and I'm pretty sure
>> I've just missed a kernel config.
>>
>> Could someone who has this thing up and running post kernel config, version
>> and maybe an lsmod-output?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> You might wanto to try this: http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
>
> Don't care about the "debain" thing on the link, it's really helpful if
> you are not familiar with your hardware.
>
> Just paste the "lspci -n" output and see wich modules you should install
>
> ===========================
> Momesso Andrea
> http://topperh.blogspot.com
> ===========================

Well, thanks! A very interesting site. It made some recommendations
which make me wondering: 810_rng and iTCO_wdt. I don't know them and
grep doesn't find them in .config. i2c-i801 is a module I certainly
still need to apply, however, this site didn't state anything that could
explain my problem, therefore my original request persists.

Re: Acer Aspire One

Razixx
Make sure you emerge frequtils and have frequence scaling enabled in the kernel.  Then your gonna wanna add these to the default run level.
rc-update add frequtils boot
I also have powernowd installed as well and added to boot run level, can't remember if one was dependent on the other.
hope this gives you some ideas.

Florian Philipp-4 wrote