Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults

Pacho Ramos
It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572

I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this

Any issues against this?

Thanks

Re: Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults

Zac Medico-2
On 10/20/2018 04:21 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages:
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
>
> I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
> without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this
>
> Any issues against this?

Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.

We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.

> Thanks

Zac

El sáb, 20-10-2018 a las 18:59 -0700, Zac Medico escribió:

> On 10/20/2018 04:21 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> > It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some
> > packages:
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
> >
> > I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable
> > unset
> > without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by
> > this
> >
> > Any issues against this?
>
> Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
> directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
> unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
> GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.
>
> We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
> wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.
>
> > Thanks

Done:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=c06caedd7c6bb91be0b8e963eb2
cb98e74448f67