Any ebuilds for JHotDraw and JStock?

Arttu V.-2
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know of functional ebuilds for JStock [0]
(and/or JHotDraw [1] 7.0 or higher which will be a dependency of
JStock)? Or are they too complicated to install via portage for now?

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/
[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotdraw/

Arttu V.

Re: Any ebuilds for JHotDraw and JStock?

Petteri Räty-2
Arttu V. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone happen to know of functional ebuilds for JStock [0]
> (and/or JHotDraw [1] 7.0 or higher which will be a dependency of
> JStock)? Or are they too complicated to install via portage for now?
>
> [0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotdraw/

If something is not in the main tree, it's best to open a request for
new package bug to http://bugs.gentoo.org. Granted without a user
submitted ebuilds we are not that actively adding new packages but at
least we know there's a need.

Regards,
Petteri

On 7/3/09, Arttu V. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone happen to know of functional ebuilds for JStock [0]
> (and/or JHotDraw [1] 7.0 or higher which will be a dependency of
> JStock)? Or are they too complicated to install via portage for now?
>
> [0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstock/
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/jhotdraw/

Ok, the jury is out with a verdict. If you want to run jstock on
Gentoo, you're probably best off downloading the binary they
distribute. Just unpack it whereever you want, chmod u+x the shell
script runner they have, and rock'n'roll.

I tried to type an ebuild for jstock, and out of its around 20+
dependencies most were available either in portage or java-overlay.
However, notably jhotdraw wasn't, and while typing an ebuild for it I
came to the conclusion that the missing is probably for a reason.
Jhotdraw7 would want jdo 1.0.1 jar (or something, cannot remember
exactly, it was a couple weeks ago already), and I couldn't find its
sources before I decided to go with the binary solution.

HTH if anyone else is looking at JStock. It seemed to run nicely from
the binary package.

--
Arttu V.