Can't sync

aditsu
Hi, rsync for the distfiles fails with this message:

rsync: failed to connect to masterdistfiles.gentoo.org: Connection timed out
(110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.7]

masterdistfiles.gentoo.org resolves to rsync.osuosl.org (140.211.166.134)
It seems that I can ping it from my home computer but not from the mirror
machine.
I did a trace there with mtr and it gets stuck somewhere in level3.net
What can I do about it?

Thanks
Adrian

Re: Can't sync

Jeremy Olexa-3
 On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:16:23 -0700 (PDT), Adrian Sandor wrote:

> Hi, rsync for the distfiles fails with this message:
>
> rsync: failed to connect to masterdistfiles.gentoo.org: Connection
> timed out
> (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
> [Receiver=3.0.7]
>
> masterdistfiles.gentoo.org resolves to rsync.osuosl.org
> (140.211.166.134)
> It seems that I can ping it from my home computer but not from the
> mirror
> machine.
> I did a trace there with mtr and it gets stuck somewhere in
> level3.net
> What can I do about it?
>
> Thanks
> Adrian

 There was a brief outage last night at OSUOSL. Should be resolved now.
 -Jeremy