Catalyst 2.0

Kessler, Paul

Well so far I’ve got no love to report on Catalyst 2. While everything seems to be working fine, i.e. no errors on the console, I have yet to end up with a bootable iso. I also noticed that the file I specify for the README.txt is not being added to the image. Any suggestions? I am considering cleaning my temporary build directories and triple checking my spec files and starting from scratch just in case I have missed something.

Paul

Re: Catalyst 2.0

Chris Gianelloni
On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 12:56 -0600, Kessler, Paul wrote:
> Well so far I’ve got no love to report on Catalyst 2. While everything
> seems to be working fine, i.e. no errors on the console, I have yet to
> end up with a bootable iso. I also noticed that the file I specify for
> the README.txt is not being added to the image. Any suggestions? I am
> considering cleaning my temporary build directories and triple
> checking my spec files and starting from scratch just in case I have
> missed something.

README.txt?

This file is shipped with catalyst and is *always* installed.  The
livecd/readme actually doesn't *do* anything in catalyst 2.0, though I
just fixed that in CVS, so you found and reported the first bug.  ;]

Anyway, what problem are you running into with your ISO?  I've built a
few now and not had any issues.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead

RE: Catalyst 2.0

Kessler, Paul

Whoo Hoo! 1st Bug!

> README.txt?
>
> This file is shipped with catalyst and is *always* installed.  The
> livecd/readme actually doesn't *do* anything in catalyst 2.0, though I
> just fixed that in CVS, so you found and reported the first bug.  ;]

The problem is the image that is created literally will not boot for me.
I have tried booting it in a virtual environment and burn the CD.
Neither does a thing. Just sits there. I am using the same values and
packages that I have very successfully used in Catalyst 1. In the
catalyst2.conf I am using pkgcache, kerncache, seedcache, snapcache and
autoresume. The build seems to run great, so I am not sure where I
should be looking, at least if I had an error it would give me a little
direction.