Config help texts

Charles Trois
A little practical problem.

In the 2.4 sources, there is a file called /Documentation/configure.help
   (I don't remember the exact name), which contains all the help texts
that are available on request in menuconfig, so that they can be read at
leisure.

In the 2.6 sources, that file does no longer exist. Yet the help is
still there, and there is bound to be a data base somewhere. I have
looked for it in the sources, but could not identify it.

Does anybody know where it is and under what name?

Charles

Re: Config help texts

Mike Williams-5
On Saturday 05 November 2005 08:34, Charles Trois wrote:
> In the 2.6 sources, that file does no longer exist. Yet the help is
> still there, and there is bound to be a data base somewhere. I have
> looked for it in the sources, but could not identify it.
>
> Does anybody know where it is and under what name?

The Kconfig files.

--
Mike Williams

Re: Config help texts

Charles Trois
Mike Williams a écrit :
> On Saturday 05 November 2005 08:34, Charles Trois wrote:
>
>>In the 2.6 sources, that file does no longer exist. Yet the help is
>>still there, and there is bound to be a data base somewhere. I have
>>looked for it in the sources, but could not identify it.
>>
>>Does anybody know where it is and under what name?
>
> The Kconfig files.

I see. The information is fragmented, whereas I was looking for
something global.

Thanks very much.

Charles