Council meeting, November 10th

Thierry Carrez
Fellow council members:

Natural date for the next Gentoo council meeting is November 10th. If
any council member can't make it we can push back to the 17th if it's a
better date.

Tentative schedule:
- Item submission closed Tuesday, November 8th, 1900 UTC
- Meeting Thursday, November 10th, 1900-2000 UTC

Let me know if this is ok for you before we announce it on gentoo-dev.

--
Thierry Carrez (Koon)

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

Seemant Kulleen

The earlier date works better for me.

Thanks,

Seemant

Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> The earlier date works better for me.

Oops.
I just realized that I can't make it at 1900 UTC on any of the dates...
I can at the following times, if one suits all of us, maybe we can pick
it, otherwise I'll ask a proxy to represnt me on Nov 10, 1900 UTC :

- Thursday, Nov 10, 2100 UTC
- Tuesday, Nov 15, 2000 UTC
- Thursday, Nov 17, 2100 UTC

Note that I'm not sure any GLEP will be put on the agenda anyway, so
that may be just a Q&A session.

--
Koon

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

Brian Harring
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:49:35AM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Fellow council members:
>
> Natural date for the next Gentoo council meeting is November 10th. If
> any council member can't make it we can push back to the 17th if it's a
> better date.
>
> Tentative schedule:
> - Item submission closed Tuesday, November 8th, 1900 UTC
> - Meeting Thursday, November 10th, 1900-2000 UTC
>
> Let me know if this is ok for you before we announce it on gentoo-dev.
Timeline seems a bit short offhand- got caught with my pants down last
month on glep33 and sudden meeting fex, any reason a bit more warning
can't be slipped into the timeline?
~harring

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

Mike Frysinger
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 05:54:07PM -0600, Brian Harring wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:49:35AM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > Fellow council members:
> >
> > Natural date for the next Gentoo council meeting is November 10th. If
> > any council member can't make it we can push back to the 17th if it's a
> > better date.
> >
> > Tentative schedule:
> > - Item submission closed Tuesday, November 8th, 1900 UTC
> > - Meeting Thursday, November 10th, 1900-2000 UTC
> >
> > Let me know if this is ok for you before we announce it on gentoo-dev.
>
> Timeline seems a bit short offhand- got caught with my pants down last
> month on glep33 and sudden meeting fex, any reason a bit more warning
> can't be slipped into the timeline?

not really ... in the first meeting we stated quite clearly the monthly
meeting will happen either the second or third thursday, depending on council
members availablity

so really, this is a *reminder*, it isnt like you didnt know when the meeting
was going to be
-mike

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 12:04:39AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> not really ... in the first meeting we stated quite clearly the monthly
> meeting will happen either the second or third thursday, depending on council
> members availablity
>
> so really, this is a *reminder*, it isnt like you didnt know when the meeting
> was going to be
Consider this an admission that I'm an idiot, a slightly larger
reminder period would be nice- the 2nd/3rd thursday isn't something I
knew fex.
~harring

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

Sven Vermeulen
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 03:32:06PM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> I just realized that I can't make it at 1900 UTC on any of the dates...
> I can at the following times, if one suits all of us, maybe we can pick
> it, otherwise I'll ask a proxy to represnt me on Nov 10, 1900 UTC :
>
> - Thursday, Nov 10, 2100 UTC
> - Tuesday, Nov 15, 2000 UTC
> - Thursday, Nov 17, 2100 UTC

I can't make it at 2100 UTC, 2000 UTC is a possibility but I will only be
able to participate for one hour. I prefer the 1900 UTC times as said
before.

Wkr,
      Sven Vermeulen

--
  Gentoo Foundation Trustee          |  http://foundation.gentoo.org
  Gentoo Documentation Project Lead  |  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp

  The Gentoo Project   <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

Thierry Carrez
> Tentative schedule:
> - Item submission closed Tuesday, November 8th, 1900 UTC
> - Meeting Thursday, November 10th, 1900-2000 UTC

Now it's becoming too late to announce this schedule, so I propose we
move to next week... or someone announce it now.

As I said, I can't make it at this time, but it's fine I try the proxy
system... If it were to be pushed back to next week, I'm fine with the
following times :

- Tuesday, Nov 15, 2000 UTC (1900 UTC is possible but more difficult)
- Wednesday, Nov 16, 2000 UTC (1900 UTC is possible but more difficult)
- Thursday, Nov 17, 2100 UTC (not before)

Item submission deadline would be two days before that date, same hour.

--
Thierry Carrez (Koon)

Re: Council meeting, November 10th

solar-4
On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 10:49 +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Fellow council members:
>
> Natural date for the next Gentoo council meeting is November 10th. If
> any council member can't make it we can push back to the 17th if it's a
> better date.
>
> Tentative schedule:
> - Item submission closed Tuesday, November 8th, 1900 UTC
> - Meeting Thursday, November 10th, 1900-2000 UTC
>
> Let me know if this is ok for you before we announce it on gentoo-dev.

Just to make it official. Every time proposed is bad for me. I don't
really picture this changing unless take on a new job which permits me
to sit for an hour and a half undistributed during the middle of the
work day.

23:00 UTC is ideal for me. S,M,[X],W,T,F,S

--
Ned Ludd <[hidden email]>
Gentoo Linux

Re: Council meeting for November

Thierry Carrez
Given lack of answer, I'll publish the following date at 1600 UTC today
if no council member complains before :

Item submission deadline :
Sunday, Nov 13, 2000 UTC

Council Meeting :
Tuesday, Nov 15, 2000-2100 UTC

At this date, I can chair if nobody else wants to (though I think it
would be better if we take turns, I did the first and az did the second...).

--
Thierry Carrez (Koon)

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:07:21AM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Given lack of answer, I'll publish the following date at 1600 UTC today
> if no council member complains before :
>
> Item submission deadline :
> Sunday, Nov 13, 2000 UTC
>
> Council Meeting :
> Tuesday, Nov 15, 2000-2100 UTC
>
> At this date, I can chair if nobody else wants to (though I think it
> would be better if we take turns, I did the first and az did the second...).

This all looks good to me -- I'll chair it if nobody else wishes to.

Thanks,

Seemant