Date of next council meeting

Ulrich Mueller-2
The date of the next council meeting wasn't explicitely mentioned in
Monday's meeting, so I assume that we stay with our four-weekly scheme
and it will be at:

   Monday, 9 November 2009, 18:00 UTC.

(Or is the scheme "second Monday of month"? It doesn't make a
difference for November, but for December we'll have to decide.)

Please note that daylight saving time ends, so in local time it'll be
one hour earlier: 10:00 PST, 13:00 EST, 19:00 CET, 20:00 EET.

Ulrich

Re: Date of next council meeting

Denis Dupeyron
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Ulrich Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please note that daylight saving time ends, so in local time it'll be
> one hour earlier: 10:00 PST, 13:00 EST, 19:00 CET, 20:00 EET.

Keeping the meeting times in sync with universal time doesn't make
much sense as we all have schedules that are tied to our local times,
most of them being in sync most of the time.

Denis.

Re: Date of next council meeting

Ulrich Mueller-2

> Keeping the meeting times in sync with universal time doesn't make
> much sense as we all have schedules that are tied to our local
> times, most of them being in sync most of the time.

So far, it was always bound to UTC.

But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
March), then we can shift it.

Ulrich

Re: Date of next council meeting

Luca Barbato
Ulrich Mueller wrote:

>> Keeping the meeting times in sync with universal time doesn't make
>> much sense as we all have schedules that are tied to our local
>> times, most of them being in sync most of the time.
>
> So far, it was always bound to UTC.
>
> But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
> prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
> March), then we can shift it.

Would be nice at least for me

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member

Re: Date of next council meeting

Petteri Räty-2
Luca Barbato wrote:

>>> Keeping the meeting times in sync with universal time doesn't make
>>> much sense as we all have schedules that are tied to our local
>>> times, most of them being in sync most of the time.
>> So far, it was always bound to UTC.
>>
>> But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
>> prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
>> March), then we can shift it.
>
> Would be nice at least for me
>
> lu

Either one works for me so if 19UTC works better for some people, let's
go with that.

Regards,
Petteri

Re: Date of next council meeting

Mart Raudsepp-2
On K, 2009-10-14 at 17:28 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> The date of the next council meeting wasn't explicitely mentioned in
> Monday's meeting, so I assume that we stay with our four-weekly scheme
> and it will be at:
>
>    Monday, 9 November 2009, 18:00 UTC.
>
> (Or is the scheme "second Monday of month"? It doesn't make a
> difference for November, but for December we'll have to decide.)
>
> Please note that daylight saving time ends, so in local time it'll be
> one hour earlier: 10:00 PST, 13:00 EST, 19:00 CET, 20:00 EET.

9th November is fine for me (probably second Monday would be too).
Either 18 or 19 UTC works fine too, very slightly more liking the 19UTC
slot.

Mart

Re: Date of next council meeting

Ulrich Mueller-2

> But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
> prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
> March), then we can shift it.

Three council members have answered that they have at least a slight
preference for the later time. Two are neutral, and two haven't
answered. So the next meeting will be at 19 UTC (November 9th).

Ulrich

Re: Date of next council meeting

Tobias Scherbaum
Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> > But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
> > prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
> > March), then we can shift it.
>
> Three council members have answered that they have at least a slight
> preference for the later time. Two are neutral, and two haven't
> answered. So the next meeting will be at 19 UTC (November 9th).

works for me

- Tobias

--
Praxisbuch Nagios
http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pbnagiosger/

https://www.xing.com/profile/Tobias_Scherbaum

Re: Date of next council meeting

solar-4
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 22:36 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

> > But I have no preference. So if the majority of council members
> > prefers 19 UTC (starting with next meeting and until some time in
> > March), then we can shift it.
>
> Three council members have answered that they have at least a slight
> preference for the later time. Two are neutral, and two haven't
> answered. So the next meeting will be at 19 UTC (November 9th).
>
> Ulrich

fine for me.

--
Ned Ludd <[hidden email]>