Default kernel's PAGE_SIZE

Miguel Miranda
Hi, im tunnig a postgresql server and i want to know what is the default
value for

kernel's PAGE_SIZE

Is this a gentoo especific value or aplies to linux kernels in general, i mean, any distribution?
Thanks

Re: Default kernel's PAGE_SIZE

Remy Blank
Miguel wrote:
> Hi, im tunnig a postgresql server and i want to know what is the default
> value for
>
> kernel's PAGE_SIZE
>
> Is this a gentoo especific value or aplies to linux kernels in general,
> i mean, any distribution?

This is a processor-specific value, and on x86 it's 4096 bytes. It's
defined in the kernel header files. I don't know about other architectures.

-- Remy

Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.