Detect where a connection drop occurs

Vinícius Ferrão-2
Hello dudes,

I've configured an service and I know it's working normally through TCP port 548. But I'm only able to connect to it using a VPN connection.

I need to debug it detecting where (in which hop) the connection is being dropped.

Any ideias on how to do that?

I've tried tcptraceroute without success:

sudo tcptraceroute www.mydomain.com 548
Selected device en0, address 172.16.144.115, port 49302 for outgoing packets
Tracing the path to www.mydomain.com (146.164.36.7) on TCP port 548 (afpovertcp), 30 hops max
 1  172.16.144.1  0.769 ms  0.598 ms  0.686 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  * * *
 9  * * *
10  * * *
11  * * *
12  * * *
13  * * *
14  * * *
15  * * *
16  * * *
17  * * *
18  * * *
19  * * *
20  * * *
21  * * *
22  * * *
23  * * *
24  * * *
25  * * *
26  * * *
27  * * *
28  * * *
29  * * *

Thanks in advance,

Vinícius Ferrão: Administrador de Sistemas
www.ferrao.eti.br | +55 (21) 8888-2619

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Detect where a connection drop occurs

info
Thank you for contacting Resilient. We will respond to you shortly.

Kind regards,

The Resilient team

============

This is an auto-reply message; please do not respond to this e-mail

Re: Detect where a connection drop occurs

Vinícius Ferrão-2
Ok,

Someone set an automatic message and now we're getting spammed. Very nice.

Vinícius Ferrão: Administrador de Sistemas
www.ferrao.eti.br | +55 (21) 8888-2619

On Feb 22, 2013, at 2:22 AM, <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

Thank you for contacting Resilient. We will respond to you shortly.

Kind regards,

The Resilient team

============

This is an auto-reply message; please do not respond to this e-mail

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Detect where a connection drop occurs

Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski

1. netstat -ant
2. if returns 0.0.0.0:548 its ok
3. else: check your service if it's connected to VPN interface only.

4. Traceroute to HOST not PORT. Port pinging can be blocked by your Internet Provider.
5. Check Your IPtables rules if You don't block any ports or set connlimit, rejects etc.: iptables -L
6. Check Your IDS software like Prelude/Snort.

Best regards,
MM

2013/2/22 Vinícius Ferrão <[hidden email]>
[...]

www.ferrao.eti.br | <a href="tel:%2B55%20%2821%29%208888-2619" value="+552188882619" target="_blank">+55 (21) 8888-2619

Re: Detect where a connection drop occurs

William Kenworthy
tcptracerout is entirely appropriate here (its not the same as traceroute)

Whats the routing table say? (route -n)

BillK

Hi,

www.ferrao.eti.br | <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B55%20%2821%29%208888-2619" value="+552188882619" target="_blank">+55 (21) 8888-2619