Digest problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Digest problems

Craig Ross
Hi all, im fairly new to gentoo on anything other than X86.

I have installed gentoo on my xbox via the xbox live cd found on my repo & followed the instructions from http://gentoo-wiki.com/Xbox

I have gentoo installed & bootable etc. My problem arises when i try to emerge a package, it tells me that i need to create a digest for the package manualy. I have been doing this until i did an emerge -uvDN world  and i found i would need to create digests for the 150+ packages that need updating.

I realise that i have not given any version numbers or config files but to be honest i dont know what to attach. I have asked a number of times in # gentoo (over the last week) with no success.

Thanks all

--
Craig Ross
0407283367
Ventex Web Designs
http://www.ventexwebdesigns.com.au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

Mike Shaw-4
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Craig Ross
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, im fairly new to gentoo on anything other than X86.
>
> I have installed gentoo on my xbox via the xbox live cd found on my repo &
> followed the instructions from http://gentoo-wiki.com/Xbox
>
> I have gentoo installed & bootable etc. My problem arises when i try to
> emerge a package, it tells me that i need to create a digest for the package
> manualy. I have been doing this until i did an emerge -uvDN world  and i
> found i would need to create digests for the 150+ packages that need
> updating.
>
> I realise that i have not given any version numbers or config files but to
> be honest i dont know what to attach. I have asked a number of times in #
> gentoo (over the last week) with no success.
>
> Thanks all
>
>  --
> Craig Ross
> 0407283367
> Ventex Web Designs
> http://www.ventexwebdesigns.com.au

You may want to see if the problem has been seen on the
gentoox(http://gentoox.shallax.com/) forums.

Good luck!

Mike
--
"Zuko: (Pushing through a crowd) Out of my way! Step aside, filth!
Iroh: He means no offense! I'm certain you bathe regularly..."
- from chapter 15 of Avatar: The Last Airbender
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

K. Hansen
Hi,

I don't have an answer for your problem but could you please mail me
your linux.cfg (for booting) because I am trying to find out how this is
working.

thanks


Mike Shaw wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Craig Ross
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all, im fairly new to gentoo on anything other than X86.
>>
>> I have installed gentoo on my xbox via the xbox live cd found on my repo &
>> followed the instructions from http://gentoo-wiki.com/Xbox
>>
>> I have gentoo installed & bootable etc. My problem arises when i try to
>> emerge a package, it tells me that i need to create a digest for the package
>> manualy. I have been doing this until i did an emerge -uvDN world  and i
>> found i would need to create digests for the 150+ packages that need
>> updating.
>>
>> I realise that i have not given any version numbers or config files but to
>> be honest i dont know what to attach. I have asked a number of times in #
>> gentoo (over the last week) with no success.
>>
>> Thanks all
>>
>>  --
>> Craig Ross
>> 0407283367
>> Ventex Web Designs
>> http://www.ventexwebdesigns.com.au
>
> You may want to see if the problem has been seen on the
> gentoox(http://gentoox.shallax.com/) forums.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Mike

--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

Chris Bainbridge
In reply to this post by Craig Ross
On 27/02/2008, Craig Ross <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all, im fairly new to gentoo on anything other than X86.
>
> I have gentoo installed & bootable etc. My problem arises when i try to
> emerge a package, it tells me that i need to create a digest for the package
> manualy. I have been doing this until i did an emerge -uvDN world  and i
> found i would need to create digests for the 150+ packages that need
> updating.

Xbox is just x86, the emerge binary is identical, and the portage tree
you rsync is the same. Why are the checksums wrong? When you sync are
there no digest files? Possibly this has something to do with it:
http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080204-digest-files-removed.xml
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

Jeremy Olexa-2
In reply to this post by Craig Ross
Craig Ross wrote:
> package manualy. I have been doing this until i did an emerge -uvDN
> world  and i found i would need to create digests for the 150+ packages
> that need updating.

See the man page for make.conf. You want FEATURES=digest. I'm not sure
why you you are missing digest files..but this will work for ya.

HTH,
Jeremy

PS. You probably should use another avenue for help. I doubt this ML is
read that often. The last thread besides this one was in Jan of '07. The
forums are a good source.

--
Jeremy Olexa
([hidden email])
--
[hidden email] mailing list

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

Craig Ross
Thanks everyone, ill give it a go

--
Craig Ross
0407283367
Ventex Web Designs
http://www.ventexwebdesigns.com.au
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digest problems

Colin Shorts
In reply to this post by Jeremy Olexa-2
Jeremy Olexa wrote:

> See the man page for make.conf. You want FEATURES=digest. I'm not sure
> why you you are missing digest files..but this will work for ya.
>
> HTH,
> Jeremy
>
> PS. You probably should use another avenue for help. I doubt this ML
> is read that often. The last thread besides this one was in Jan of
> '07. The forums are a good source.
>

In all honesty I thought Gentoo was officially dead on the original xbox
- I might need to give a newer version another try ;)

-Colin
--
[hidden email] mailing list