EAPI 2 must die

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

EAPI 2 must die

Andreas K. Huettel
Hi all,

for the package maintainers among you, here's the list of remaining EAPI=2
packages. Please help getting the number down to zero soon!!!

Cheers,
Andreas

app-emulation/ganeti-instance-debootstrap-0.11
app-misc/dnetc-2.9108.517
app-misc/dnetc-2.9110.519b
dev-dotnet/flickrnet-bin-2.2-r1
dev-java/glassfish-jms-api-1.1.2.2.04
dev-java/jlayer-1.0.1
dev-java/resin-servlet-api-3.1.12
dev-libs/bglibs-1.106-r1
dev-lisp/clisp-2.48-r1
dev-lua/toluapp-1.0.93
dev-tex/culmus-latex-0.7
dev-tex/dvipost-1.1-r2
media-fonts/culmus-0.120-r4
net-analyzer/nagtrap-0.1.3
net-libs/cvm-0.76
net-misc/adjtimex-1.29-r1
net-misc/asterisk-extra-sounds-1.4.11
net-misc/asterisk-moh-opsound-2.03
net-misc/cfengine-2.2.10-r4
net-misc/tokyotyrant-1.1.41-r1
sci-libs/openfoam-bin-1.6
sys-apps/cobalt-panel-utils-1.0.2
sys-apps/powerpc-utils-1.1.3.18-r2
sys-boot/netboot-0.10.2
sys-process/fuser-bsd-1142334561
www-apache/mod_tidy-0.5.5-r1

Already masked for removal:

app-accessibility/festival-2.1-r1
dev-java/glassfish-connector-api-1.1.2.2.04
dev-util/antlrworks-1.2.3
dev-util/pmd-4.2.5
net-mail/qmail-qfilter-2.1-r1
net-misc/mindterm-3.4

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
[hidden email]
Gentoo Linux developer
(council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Luca Barbato
On 06/06/2019 07:06, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for the package maintainers among you, here's the list of remaining EAPI=2
> packages. Please help getting the number down to zero soon!!!
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> sys-apps/powerpc-utils-1.1.3.18-r2

This is ancient in many different ways :) Anybody has hardware to test it?

lu

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Agostino Sarubbo-2
On giovedì 6 giugno 2019 08:25:54 CEST Luca Barbato wrote:
> Anybody has hardware to test it?

I can do it on timberdoodle.

Agostino




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Matt Turner-5
On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:39 PM Agostino Sarubbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On giovedì 6 giugno 2019 08:25:54 CEST Luca Barbato wrote:
> > Anybody has hardware to test it?
>
> I can do it on timberdoodle.

The issue is that the package is for "OldWorld" Macs (like 20+ years
old). We recently dropped the bootloader, sys-boot/quik, so I think
we'd be fine to drop sys-apps/powerpc-utils as well.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Luca Barbato
On 06/06/2019 09:05, Matt Turner wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:39 PM Agostino Sarubbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On giovedì 6 giugno 2019 08:25:54 CEST Luca Barbato wrote:
>>> Anybody has hardware to test it?
>>
>> I can do it on timberdoodle.
>
> The issue is that the package is for "OldWorld" Macs (like 20+ years
> old). We recently dropped the bootloader, sys-boot/quik, so I think
> we'd be fine to drop sys-apps/powerpc-utils as well.
>

Exactly :)

I'm fine with treecleaning it.

lu

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Anthony G. Basile
On 6/6/19 3:34 AM, Luca Barbato wrote:

> On 06/06/2019 09:05, Matt Turner wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:39 PM Agostino Sarubbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> On giovedì 6 giugno 2019 08:25:54 CEST Luca Barbato wrote:
>>>> Anybody has hardware to test it?
>>>
>>> I can do it on timberdoodle.
>>
>> The issue is that the package is for "OldWorld" Macs (like 20+ years
>> old). We recently dropped the bootloader, sys-boot/quik, so I think
>> we'd be fine to drop sys-apps/powerpc-utils as well.
>>
>
> Exactly :)
>
> I'm fine with treecleaning it.
>
> lu
>

Lol! I still have some OldWorld Macs, but I'm okay with tree cleaning
it.  Didn't we have some "archive" for old ebuilds?  Maybe we can move
it there.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
E-Mail    : [hidden email]
GnuPG FP  : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB  DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
GnuPG ID  : F52D4BBA

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Michael Orlitzky
In reply to this post by Andreas K. Huettel
On 6/6/19 1:06 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for the package maintainers among you, here's the list of remaining EAPI=2
> packages. Please help getting the number down to zero soon!!!
>
> ...
> net-analyzer/nagtrap-0.1.3


Last release in 2008, no maintainer, dead homepage, dead SourceForge
page; can likely be put to rest.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Alon Bar-Lev-2
In reply to this post by Andreas K. Huettel


On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 8:07 AM Andreas K. Huettel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

for the package maintainers among you, here's the list of remaining EAPI=2
packages. Please help getting the number down to zero soon!!!

Cheers,
Andreas

media-fonts/culmus-0.120-r4


Done.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: EAPI 2 must die

Martin Dummer
In reply to this post by Anthony G. Basile
Am 06.06.19 um 17:28 schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
> Didn't we have some "archive" for old ebuilds?  Maybe we can move
> it there.

What about an overlay for this purpose? Its like in real life.... they
come into life and leave the same way...

Despite that, I usually dig in the git repository when I look for
deleted files et.al. like described here

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7203515/git-how-to-find-a-deleted-file-in-the-project-commit-history



signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment