Ebuild for Tiny Tiny RSS

Patrick Nagel
Hi,

I wrote an ebuild for Tiny Tiny RSS (tt-rss).

"Tiny Tiny RSS is a web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) aggregator, designed to
allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real
desktop application as possible." (from http://tt-rss.org/)

It's my first webapp ebuild, and one of my first ebuilds at all, so there may
be newbish mistakes in it. I would appreciate if anybody with more experience
could have a look at it. If it's ok, maybe it could be put into the overlay?

Currently the ebuild takes care of the following:
* USE flags for mysql/postgresql database - used the checks from the
mail-client/roundcube ebuild
* Config file protection
* Server-owned icons directory, so that the feed icons can be written by the
web server
* Applies two patches that are needed currently because of some problem in
libxml2 (see http://tt-rss.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=393 for details)

I attached the ebuild (including the two patches, in a directory hierarchy
beginning at 'www-apps') to this mail.

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4

tt-rss.tar.gz (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Ebuild for Tiny Tiny RSS

pva0xd
Hi Patrick.

В Чтв, 30/10/2008 в 10:41 +0800, Patrick Nagel пишет:
> It's my first webapp ebuild, and one of my first ebuilds at all, so there may
> be newbish mistakes in it. I would appreciate if anybody with more experience
> could have a look at it.

Well, in general it looks good. But still some things could be improved.
Just run "repoman full" in www-apps/tt-rss directory and fix all
warnings besides ebuild.allmasked. Also why do you dodoc README and then
cp that README in MY_HTDOCSDIR?

dodoc README
cp -R * ${D}/${MY_HTDOCSDIR}

> If it's ok, maybe it could be put into the overlay?

BTW, do you want to maintain this package later? If so I'd suggested you
to look at sunrise project:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki

you'll be able to maintain this package very easily there.

--
Peter.

Re: Ebuild for Tiny Tiny RSS

Patrick Nagel

Hi Peter,

Peter Volkov wrote:
> В Чтв, 30/10/2008 в 10:41 +0800, Patrick Nagel пишет:
>> It's my first webapp ebuild, and one of my first ebuilds at all, so there may
>> be newbish mistakes in it. I would appreciate if anybody with more experience
>> could have a look at it.
>
> Well, in general it looks good. But still some things could be improved.
> Just run "repoman full" in www-apps/tt-rss directory and fix all
> warnings besides ebuild.allmasked.

Thanks! I created a ChangeLog (which just says '2008-11-01: Initial version'),
and I added the default headers from /usr/portage/skel.ebuild. I also added
quotes around one variable. Now repoman only reports:

  ebuild.allmasked              1

But what to do about that? Is it because I specified 'KEYWORDS="~amd64"'? And
what would be reasonable to specify there? I can (currently) only test it on
amd64.

> Also why do you dodoc README and then
> cp that README in MY_HTDOCSDIR?
>
> dodoc README
> cp -R * ${D}/${MY_HTDOCSDIR}

Umm... I took this from the roundcube ebuild - thought it does something
special with the README, without further investigation. I removed it now.

>> If it's ok, maybe it could be put into the overlay?
>
> BTW, do you want to maintain this package later? If so I'd suggested you
> to look at sunrise project:
>
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki
>
> you'll be able to maintain this package very easily there.

Sure, I can maintain it. Thanks for the pointer!
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/HowToCommit and
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/sunrise/wiki/CodingStandards look especially
helpful.

Patrick.

- --

В Сбт, 01/11/2008 в 22:23 +0800, Patrick Nagel пишет:
> Now repoman only reports:
>
>   ebuild.allmasked              1
>
> But what to do about that? Is it because I specified 'KEYWORDS="~amd64"'?

This warning is harmless. In official Gentoo tree it warns developer
that this package is not available for users of stable branch. ebuilds
in sunrise are always in unstable branch thus just ignore this message.

--
Peter.