Experimental 2-step authentication support on dev.gentoo.org

Experimental 2-step authentication support on dev.gentoo.org

Michał Górny-5
Hi, everyone.

Just a short notice: we've enabled experimental support for 2-step
authentication when logging in to woodpecker via SSH.  For more details,
see [1].

TL;DR: as a technical limitation, some SSH clients may start asking you
for a password.  Using any non-empty string will work.

[1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Infrastructure/dev.gentoo.org_2-step_authentication

Michał Górny

Re: Experimental 2-step authentication support on dev.gentoo.org

Andrew Savchenko
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 10:27:35 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Just a short notice: we've enabled experimental support for 2-step
> authentication when logging in to woodpecker via SSH.  For more details,
> see [1].
>
> TL;DR: as a technical limitation, some SSH clients may start asking you
> for a password.  Using any non-empty string will work.

When authenticating as usual (using encrypted ssh key) I see
"Authenticated with partial success.", auth itself is OK.

Could you please disable this ambiguous message?

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko

Re: Experimental 2-step authentication support on dev.gentoo.org

Michał Górny-5
W dniu czw, 09.08.2018 o godzinie 18∶10 +0300, użytkownik Andrew
Savchenko napisał:

> On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 10:27:35 +0200 Michał Górny wrote:
> > Hi, everyone.
> >
> > Just a short notice: we've enabled experimental support for 2-step
> > authentication when logging in to woodpecker via SSH.  For more details,
> > see [1].
> >
> > TL;DR: as a technical limitation, some SSH clients may start asking you
> > for a password.  Using any non-empty string will work.
>
> When authenticating as usual (using encrypted ssh key) I see
> "Authenticated with partial success.", auth itself is OK.
>
> Could you please disable this ambiguous message?

It's your client, not us.

Michał Górny

Re: Experimental 2-step authentication support on dev.gentoo.org

Richard Yao-2

> On Aug 9, 2018, at 4:27 AM, Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Just a short notice: we've enabled experimental support for 2-step
> authentication when logging in to woodpecker via SSH.  For more details,
> see [1].
Awesome. I had no idea that the hooks for this were in place.