Firefox and Thunderbird no longer work with Orca on my system

Firefox and Thunderbird no longer work with Orca on my system

John Robinson
Hi everyone.  I wonder if anyone could advise on the following.  Firefox
and Thunderbird used to work very well on my Gentoo system. I recently
had to re-install everything from scratch, however and now, neither
Firefox (now known as 'Aurora') nor Thunderbird (now known as
'Earlybird') work with Orca at all.  In both programs, Orca only speaks
the title bar, followed by the word 'Inaccessible'.
Apart from this, my Gnome-light desktop appears to be working as it
should.  My version of Firefox is 17.0.3.  My version of Thunderbird is
also 17.0.3 and my version of Orca is 2.32.1.  My Gentoo kernel is
3.7.10 and my system's architecture is x86_64.  If you need any more
information to enable you to help, please let me know.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Yours faithfully,

John Robinson