Fw: Donating hardware to Gentoo... HOW?

Ferris McCormick
Forwarding to PR for the last paragraph.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:28:06 -0700
From: "Leo Henslee III" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Donating hardware to Gentoo... HOW?

Hi All,

I'm interested in donating my surplus hardware to the Gentoo
Foundation, it would probably best be used to serve with the rsync
process... or to update or serve as spare parts. I have 2 boxes, one a
Dell Intel P-III class, another a handbuilt AMD Athlon Thouroghbred
class, and a spare Athlon Thoroughbred or Sempron CPU, Some IBM 30 GB
IDE HDDs.

I don't want to donate them to the Goodwill or HOPE, because they will
get underutilized. I know you folks with the Gentoo Foundation could
use all the help you can get to keep making Gentoo the BEST of the CORE
Linux (and other kernel) Operating System Distributions.

Please let me know if this hardware would be desired, and whom I can
reach or be put in contact with in the San Jose / Silicon Valley / San
Francisco Bay Area. I'm located in San Jose.

=============== PR?

BTW if you know of any San Jose-based Gentoo Users Groups and can point
me in their direction, I would appreciate it, as I desire greater
contact with the Gentoo Community.

Best,
Leo

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
http://flock.com

Regards,
Ferris
--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <[hidden email]>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)

[...]

RE: Fw: Donating hardware to Gentoo... HOW?

Chrissy Fullam-3
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:28:06 -0700
From: "Leo Henslee III" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]

> BTW if you know of any San Jose-based Gentoo Users Groups and can point me
> in their direction, I would appreciate it, as I desire greater contact
> with the Gentoo Community.
>
> Best,
> Leo

There are only a couple of developers in the San Jose area: solar and
tsunam. In the nearby area there is also myself and kingtaco. In the
'extended' area there is also eradicator, ferringb, and dostrow.
I myself have never heard of a Gentoo Users Group in the bay area and
honestly wouldn't have the time to start such a thing. I'm pretty sure
you'll get the same responses from the rest of the group; all of us have
intense jobs that keep us busy. Now if you are interested in just meeting or
chatting with developers, that'd be more doable as most of us hang out from
time to time.

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations