Fwd: Montana State CS Intel Cluster

Donnie Berkholz-2
Here is another Gentoo cluster that needs to be added to the list.

----- Forwarded message from Levi Junkert <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:39:41 -0600
From: Levi Junkert <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Montana State CS Intel Cluster

Hey Donnie,

Thought I would send this picure in of our gentoo cluster I just
finished here at Montana State. The stats are below:

6 x Dual Xeon 2.0GHz HyperThreading (Top in picture)
-Fiber Gigabit Backbone (fiber from the trunk directly to the routers,
center in picture)
12 x Dual PIII 866MHz (bottom in picture)
-compute nodes, network boot

All systems are running Gentoo 2007.1 profiles. The PIII nodes are
network boot used as computational nodes only. All servers are
engineering models that were donated from Intel for grid computing
research (beta bios that took some hacks to get gentoo going with
them). Currently we are deploying a couple thesis and projects in the
neural network research category (ACM/IEEE submitting papers as well).

Anyways if it is possible for you to add us to the gentoo cluster page
that would be great! Thanks Donnie.

-Levi

Levi D. Junkert

Command and Data Handling
Space Science and Engineering Lab (SSEL)

Physics Department
Montana State University
264 EPS Building
Bozeman MT, 59717