[Fwd: Re: Just a note - Updated Sparc Icedtea6]

[Fwd: Re: Just a note - Updated Sparc Icedtea6]

Ferris McCormick

RE: [Fwd: Re: Just a note - Updated Sparc Icedtea6]

Leif Sawyer
FYI -

just installed  icedtea6   on my Ultra2

updated virtual/jdk  and virtual/jre  so that they would install as
well.

updated dev-java/antlr   and built it successfully.

currently building  dev-java/ant-1.7.1-r1
   core  built and installed correctly.
the remaining packages will take some time:

dev-java/xml-commons-external dev-java/xml-commons-resolver
dev-java/ant-nodeps dev-java/jakarta-regexp dev-java/javacup
dev-java/bcel dev-java/xjavac dev-java/junit dev-java/xalan-serializer
dev-java/ant-apache-resolver dev-java/ant-apache-regexp dev-java/xerces
dev-java/xalan dev-java/ant-junit dev-java/ant-trax

hooray for java on sparc!

And, of course, forgot:

dev-java/ant-owanttask dev-java/asm dev-java/jarjar
dev-java/hamcrest-core dev-java/junit dev-java/java-getopt
dev-java/qdox dev-java/regexp dev-java/ant-trax dev-java/ant-junit

But so far, all good!  haven't seen any strange java errors crop up.

and, nice to know that these other packages work with just the
~sparc[64]  flag added.

No real hard-core testing, other than just the big ebuild dependancy
chain for ant.