Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Sebastian Pipping-5
Hello!

As the filename GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png [1] implies, there must have
been an SVG version of the Gentoo/FreeBSD logo.  All I find is PNG
versions in different resolutions [1][2][3].

Does anyone know where to find this source file and its original author?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

[1]
http://pcbsd.org/~gonzalo/PBIs/images/runports%20ICON/599px-GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png
[2]
https://pillateunlinux.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gentoofreebsd-logo.png
[3] http://lexikon.freenet.de/images/de/thumb/9/91/GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg/

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Ondřej Filip
According to wikipedia article, the author is Marius Morawski. And the
guy who requested the logo is Diego Petten. You could probably reach him
by email or whatever you choose -- http://www.flameeyes.eu/contacts Then
you will probably get enough info.

Good luck

Ondrej Filip

Dne 27.4.2011 04:57, Sebastian Pipping napsal(a):

> Hello!
>

> As the filename GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png [1] implies, there must have
> been an SVG version of the Gentoo/FreeBSD logo.  All I find is PNG
> versions in different resolutions [1][2][3].
>
> Does anyone know where to find this source file and its original author?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Sebastian
>

> [1]
> http://pcbsd.org/~gonzalo/PBIs/images/runports%20ICON/599px-GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png
> [2]
> https://pillateunlinux.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gentoofreebsd-logo.png
> [3] http://lexikon.freenet.de/images/de/thumb/9/91/GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg/

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin
I've created an svg version quite a while ago, and for what I can see and knowing Diego, it's likely to be the same one (or have the same origin).

I'm currently at work, and when I'll be back I'll upload the svg version and link it here.

Regarding the font, just to add my 2 ¢, I've used "pristina" (if I remember correctly) since I've never found a better version, I can link that too if you want.

Cya,
Matteo aka peach
--
Matteo Pescarin
m: +44(0)7792817605

According to wikipedia article, the author is Marius Morawski. And the guy who requested the logo is Diego Petten. You could probably reach him by email or whatever you choose -- http://www.flameeyes.eu/contacts Then you will probably get enough info. Good luck Ondrej Filip Dne 27.4.2011 04:57, Sebastian Pipping napsal(a): > Hello! > > > As the filename GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png [1] implies, there must have > been an SVG version of the Gentoo/FreeBSD logo. All I find is PNG > versions in different resolutions [1][2][3]. > > Does anyone know where to find this source file and its original author? > > Thanks in advance, > > > > > Sebastian > > > [1] > http://pcbsd.org/~gonzalo/PBIs/images/runports%20ICON/599px-GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg.png > [2] > https://pillateunlinux.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gentoofreebsd-logo.png > [3] http://lexikon.freenet.de/images/de/thumb/9/91/GentooFreeBSD-logo.svg/ > >

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Sebastian Pipping-5
On 04/27/2011 12:27 PM, Matteo Pescarin wrote:
> I've created an svg version quite a while ago, and for what I can see
> and knowing Diego, it's likely to be the same one (or have the same origin).
>
> I'm currently at work, and when I'll be back I'll upload the svg version
> and link it here.

Yes please.

> Regarding the font, just to add my 2 ¢, I've used "pristina" (if I
> remember correctly) since I've never found a better version, I can link
> that too if you want.

I'm unsure which font you refer to.
Maybe a link can clear that up.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:24:10 +0200
Sebastian wrote:

> Yes please.

k, will put it online when back

> > Regarding the font, just to add my 2 ¢, I've used "pristina" (if I
> > remember correctly) since I've never found a better version, I can link
> > that too if you want.
>
> I'm unsure which font you refer to.
> Maybe a link can clear that up.

so I was wrong, the font name was "protege" (it was the closest I could find)

there you have:
http://peach.smartart.it/private/temp/PROTEGE.TTF

cya
Matteo aka peach

--
Matteo Pescarin

Sebastian wrote:

> On 04/27/2011 12:27 PM, Matteo Pescarin wrote:
> > I've created an svg version quite a while ago, and for what I can see
> > and knowing Diego, it's likely to be the same one (or have the same origin).
> >
> > I'm currently at work, and when I'll be back I'll upload the svg version
> > and link it here.
>
> Yes please.

so I've uploaded the gentoo logo in vector format on my portfolio and you can access it here:
http://peach.smartart.it/illustration/gentoo-logo-vector

as you can see it's not exactly Diego's work as I first thought, as my version was more a lightweight vector "adaptation" of the original logo. It did work well on all dimensions but if you are still looking for Diego's one, I can probably try to get in contact with him and ask for the his own version, just let me know. I can also add the tail/horns if you wish as I'm on the file at the moment and shouldn't take me much time to do that.

On a side note, as some have already asked me, I've got to upload the whole gentoo wallpapers/prints I did quite some time ago, as the "gentoo abducted" wallpaper which is now nowhere to be found, because of several changes I did to the website it was hosted on.
I'll give you a hint when that's done, as I may have to organize a proper subsection of my portfolio and style it properly before showing it to the public (which I'd really like).

cya

--
Matteo Pescarin

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?

Sebastian Pipping-5
On 04/27/2011 12:10 PM, Ondřej Filip wrote:
> According to wikipedia article, the author is Marius Morawski. And the
> guy who requested the logo is Diego Petten. You could probably reach him
> by email or whatever you choose -- http://www.flameeyes.eu/contacts Then
> you will probably get enough info.

That actually worked.  The SVG is now available at this page:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/artwork/artwork.xml

Best,

Sebastian

Re: Gentoo/FreeBSD logo SVG?