Gentoo/Java python scripts and python3

Hanno Meyer-Thurow
Hi all!
I just wonder what the status about python3 porting of the python
scripts is. Especially, since portage-2.2_rc42 has a 'python3' USEflag
now. :)

I used 2to3-3.1, python3 porting script, to aid me through
java-config-2.1.9-r1 and javatoolkit-0.3.0-r2. Additionally, a few tweaks
by hand and it "works" for what I use.
I also did that with gentoolkit-0.3.0_rc7.

Anyone interested can have a look here:

        http://geki.ath.cx/hacks/

The various *-python3*.diff files.
Well, I am no python coder, so no idea about the Quality of the
patches. ;)

Have fun and regards,
Hanno

Re: Gentoo/Java python scripts and python3

Alistair Bush-2

Thanks for this Hanno.

Re: Gentoo/Java python scripts and python3

Hanno Meyer-Thurow
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:18:01 +0200
Hanno Meyer-Thurow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all!
> I just wonder what the status about python3 porting of the python
> scripts is. ...

I updated the javatoolkit patch to fix xml-rewrite-2.py.

Regards,
Hanno