Gentoo logo font

Bugzilla from mickael.chazaux@gmail.com
Hi,

Is the font used for the red "Gentoo" logo available somewhere? I am
working on ray-traced gentoo wallpapers and I wanted them to have an
"official" look.

Thanks in advance,

Mickael

Re: Gentoo logo font

Sebastian Pipping-4
daniel,

i think the linux logo on funtoo.org
(http://funtoo.org/img/logos/linux.png) is the same font as the official
gentoo "font logo" and created rather recently.

can you share information on the font with us?
what's its name and license?  where can we find the font's author?

thank you!

sebastian

Mickael Chazaux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the font used for the red "Gentoo" logo available somewhere? I am
> working on ray-traced gentoo wallpapers and I wanted them to have an
> "official" look.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mickael

Re: Gentoo logo font

Bugzilla from mickael.chazaux@gmail.com
Hi,

> I can show you where the blender files are if you are interested.

I am interestend, and that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mickael

Re: Gentoo logo font

Bugzilla from mickael.chazaux@gmail.com
Hi,

>>> I can show you where the blender files are if you are interested.
>>
>> I am interestend, and that would be great.
>
> You should be able to find stuff here:
>
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>
> Also look in the "blend-archive" directory. Be sure to show dead files.

Thank you for the information. I like this artwork, and I am going to
do some things based on it.

Mickael

Re: Gentoo logo font

Sebastian Pipping-5
On 10/26/2009 10:02 PM, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> You should be able to find stuff here:
>
> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0

While I found the red logo in blend-archive/gentoo3.blend.bz2, I have
trouble finding the blue metal "G" and the font for "gentoo linux^{TM}"
as seen on

  http://jesus.spydro.be/weblog/wp-content/gentoo_logo.jpg

I have rendered the first frame of all *.blend* files in there: no
metal-blue "G" among the outputs.

I found two more old places with blender logo files on the web

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-doc/gentoo-web/files/blend/?hideattic=0

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/old-web/blend/?hideattic=0

but both seem to hold the same files as the link that you provided above.

Do you have any more pointers for me on the blue metal "G" and the font
used for "gentoo linux^{TM}"?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sebastian

Re: Gentoo logo font

2011/4/18 Sebastian Pipping <[hidden email]>:

> On 10/26/2009 10:02 PM, Daniel Robbins wrote:
>> You should be able to find stuff here:
>>
>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>
> While I found the red logo in blend-archive/gentoo3.blend.bz2, I have
> trouble finding the blue metal "G" and the font for "gentoo linux^{TM}"
> as seen on
>
>  http://jesus.spydro.be/weblog/wp-content/gentoo_logo.jpg
>
> I have rendered the first frame of all *.blend* files in there: no
> metal-blue "G" among the outputs.
>

> I found two more old places with blender logo files on the web
>

> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-doc/gentoo-web/files/blend/?hideattic=0
>

> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/old-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>
> but both seem to hold the same files as the link that you provided above.
>

> Do you have any more pointers for me on the blue metal "G" and the font
> used for "gentoo linux^{TM}"?

I did some stuff but I am not really happy with the result.

see there : http://jonas-baehr.de/~mick/artwork.html

Regards,

Mickael

Re: Gentoo logo font

Ondřej Filip
Well I think it is Univers Light Ultra Condensed. See here
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/univers/49-light-ultra-condensed/
Maybe it is not from Linotype foundry because it has little differences
but I think Univers is a good start.

Dne 18.4.2011 19:00, Sebastian Pipping napsal(a):

> On 10/26/2009 10:02 PM, Daniel Robbins wrote:
>> You should be able to find stuff here:
>>
>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0
> While I found the red logo in blend-archive/gentoo3.blend.bz2, I have
> trouble finding the blue metal "G" and the font for "gentoo linux^{TM}"
> as seen on
>
>    http://jesus.spydro.be/weblog/wp-content/gentoo_logo.jpg
>
> I have rendered the first frame of all *.blend* files in there: no
> metal-blue "G" among the outputs.
>

> I found two more old places with blender logo files on the web
>

> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-doc/gentoo-web/files/blend/?hideattic=0
>

> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/old-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>
> but both seem to hold the same files as the link that you provided above.
>

> Do you have any more pointers for me on the blue metal "G" and the font
> used for "gentoo linux^{TM}"?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best,
>

> Sebastian

Re: Gentoo logo font

Ondřej Filip
Now I noticed that it may be
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/tilde/zurich/light-extra-condensed/ It fits
more I think.
Dne 18.4.2011 19:27, Ondřej Filip napsal(a):

> Well I think it is Univers Light Ultra Condensed. See here
> http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/univers/49-light-ultra-condensed/ Maybe
> it is not from Linotype foundry because it has little differences but
> I think Univers is a good start.
>
> Dne 18.4.2011 19:00, Sebastian Pipping napsal(a):
>> On 10/26/2009 10:02 PM, Daniel Robbins wrote:
>>> You should be able to find stuff here:
>>>
>>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>>>
>> While I found the red logo in blend-archive/gentoo3.blend.bz2, I have
>> trouble finding the blue metal "G" and the font for "gentoo linux^{TM}"
>> as seen on
>>
>>    http://jesus.spydro.be/weblog/wp-content/gentoo_logo.jpg
>>
>> I have rendered the first frame of all *.blend* files in there: no
>> metal-blue "G" among the outputs.
>>

>> I found two more old places with blender logo files on the web
>>

>> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-doc/gentoo-web/files/blend/?hideattic=0
>>

>> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/old-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>>

>> but both seem to hold the same files as the link that you provided
>> above.
>>

>> Do you have any more pointers for me on the blue metal "G" and the font
>> used for "gentoo linux^{TM}"?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Best,
>>

>> Sebastian

Re: Gentoo logo font

Sebastian Pipping-5
On 04/18/2011 06:00 PM, Sebastian Pipping wrote:

> On 10/26/2009 10:02 PM, Daniel Robbins wrote:
>> You should be able to find stuff here:
>>
>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-src/gentoo-web/blend/?hideattic=0
>
> While I found the red logo in blend-archive/gentoo3.blend.bz2, I have
> trouble finding the blue metal "G" and the font for "gentoo linux^{TM}"
> as seen on
>
>   http://jesus.spydro.be/weblog/wp-content/gentoo_logo.jpg
>
> I have rendered the first frame of all *.blend* files in there: no
> metal-blue "G" among the outputs.

While the font for the text does seem to be Zurich Light Extra Condensed
(thanks Ondrej!), I am still looking for the Blender source of "g" logo
with blue metal look.  Daniel?  Aynone else?

Best,

Sebastian

Re: Gentoo logo font

Ondřej Filip
So it is not the g-metal.blend file present in cvs archive? You can
download all those files marked dead by clicking on their name and then
the download link.