HDD usage statistics for distfiles+mirror for last few years

HDD usage statistics for distfiles+mirror for last few years

Domen Kožar
Did anyone measure growth of HDD usage through time? I'd like an estimate how much the mirror will take space in one year from now.

Cheers, Domen

Re: HDD usage statistics for distfiles+mirror for last few years

Jeremy Olexa-3
On Fri, 13 May 2011 21:47:20 +0200, Domen Kožar wrote:
> Did anyone measure growth of HDD usage through time? Id like an
> estimate how much the mirror will take space in one year from now.
>
> Cheers, Domen

There hasn't been any formal tracking. Every once in awhile, someone
will update the space requirements on this page:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/source_mirrors.xml#doc_chap2 so, you can
track the history in cvs:
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc/en/source_mirrors.xml?view=log

Roughly: