Hardened-performance

Florian Philipp-4
Hi list!

Can anyone tell me if using a hardened-profile has any performance
implications?

To be more specific:

I use an AMD64 X2 for realtime video encoding and some network services
and the company I work for uses some of their (Intranet web and
file) servers for high performance computing. Would using stuff like
PaX reduce, for example, memory allocation, memory access and
context switching?

Re: Hardened-performance

Florian Philipp-4
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:53:36 +0200
Florian Philipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> Can anyone tell me if using a hardened-profile has any performance
> implications?
>
> To be more specific:
>
> I use an AMD64 X2 for realtime video encoding and some network
> services and the company I work for uses some of their (Intranet web
> and file) servers for high performance computing. Would using stuff
> like PaX reduce, for example, memory allocation, memory access and
> context switching?
Never mind, just found this myself:
http://www.pjvenda.org/linux/doc/pax-performance/

Quote:"AMD64, PPC64, Alpha and other architectures benefit with PaX's
PAGEEXEC memory protection at no cost whatsoever!"