Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

pedro-6
I download the iso image:

livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso

I follow the steps of:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml

When I execute the emerge system:

ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.

I'm not gentoo user, I use Red Hat, but I want to know Gentoo SELinux.

What can I do.
Thanks.

Atte.

Pedro Chávez Lugo.

Re: Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

Dale Pontius
pedro wrote:

> I download the iso image:
>
> livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso
>
> I follow the steps of:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
>
> When I execute the emerge system:
>
> ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
> function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
> Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
>
> I'm not gentoo user, I use Red Hat, but I want to know Gentoo SELinux.
>
> What can I do.

You don't have to start with SELinux install. The HowTo also contains
instructions to change a regular Gentoo installation to add SELinux.
Gentoo is quite a bit different from RedHat. I would suggest starting
with a regular Gentoo installation, get familiar with it for a month or
two, then convert it to SELinux.

Dale

Re: Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

Chris PeBenito
On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 19:41 -0600, pedro wrote:

> I download the iso image:
>
> livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso
>
> I follow the steps of:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
>
> When I execute the emerge system:
>
> ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
> function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
> Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
The best thing to do would be to do a regular install of Gentoo, then
use the conversion guide in the SELinux handbook.

--
Chris PeBenito
<[hidden email]>

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A  CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

Re: Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

Karl Haise
Hello,
I'm new with Gentoo too. I also wanted to get familiar with SELinux,
so I know what you are talking about.
I did like this myself: I first installed Gentoo by the "normal way",
I have x86 like you and then I did "Converting to Gentoo SELinux",
you'll find guide for that from gentoo.org. Everything went well.
Maybe you could try by the same way I did.

rogk

2005/11/26, Chris PeBenito <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 19:41 -0600, pedro wrote:
> > I download the iso image:
> >
> > livecd-x86-selinux-20040616-1.iso
> >
> > I follow the steps of:
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/selinux/selinux-x86-handbook.xml
> >
> > When I execute the emerge system:
> >
> > ERROR sys_libs/readline-5.0-r2 failed
> > function dyn_preinst, Line 1231 Exitcode 1
> > Failed to set SELinux Security Labels.
>
> The best thing to do would be to do a regular install of Gentoo, then
> use the conversion guide in the SELinux handbook.
>
> --
> Chris PeBenito
> <[hidden email]>
> Developer,
> Hardened Gentoo Linux
> Embedded Gentoo Linux
>
> Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE6AF9243
> Key fingerprint = B0E6 877A 883F A57A 8E6A  CB00 BC8E E42D E6AF 9243

Re: Hello, my problem with gentoo selinux installation

chratnox
Hi pedro,

It looks like you forgot to set the Security Labels in the kernel. You
can find these in "File Systems", "Second extended FS support", "Ext2
security labels" or the same when you use ext3 or whatsoever. Though,
not all filesystems support Security Labels, so be cautious when you
choose one.