How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

René Berber-2
Hi,

I know this works:

EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32"
crossdev -t x86_64-w64-mingw32 ...

But is there a way to use it for a specific tool?  I'd like to use it
only for binutils.

BTW the mingw64-runtime available is too old (i.e. version 1.0 snapshot,
when current is version 3.0b from svn, 2.something from releases).  I
created my local ebuild for this.

Also the crossdev ebuild available has the "cxx nocxx" bug, I had to
unmask the 20111118 ebuild.
--
René Berber




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

Joakim Tjernlund-2
René Berber <[hidden email]> wrote on 2011/12/14 18:22:46:

>
> Hi,
>
> I know this works:
>
> EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32"
> crossdev -t x86_64-w64-mingw32 ...
>
> But is there a way to use it for a specific tool?  I'd like to use it
> only for binutils.

crossdev --help
....
--[bgkl]env env          Specify env settings for binutils/gcc/kernel/libc

So perhaps crossdev -benv EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32" ...

>
> BTW the mingw64-runtime available is too old (i.e. version 1.0 snapshot,
> when current is version 3.0b from svn, 2.something from releases).  I
> created my local ebuild for this.
>
> Also the crossdev ebuild available has the "cxx nocxx" bug, I had to
> unmask the 20111118 ebuild.

Yeah, time to unmask it I think


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

René Berber-2
On 12/14/2011 11:39 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> So perhaps crossdev -benv EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32" ...

Environment vars is not the same as adding parameters to configure, but
I haven't tested this option, maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for your reply.
--
René Berber



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

Joakim Tjernlund-2
René Berber <[hidden email]> wrote on 2011/12/14 18:54:55:
>
> On 12/14/2011 11:39 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>
> > So perhaps crossdev -benv EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32" ...
>
> Environment vars is not the same as adding parameters to configure, but
> I haven't tested this option, maybe I'm wrong.

Sure it is, it is the only way to pass configure params I know.
I have used --genv EXTRA_ECONF='"--disable-secureplt --with-cpu=e300c2 --without-long-double-128 --with-dwarf2 --without-fp --with-fp=soft"'
to pass configure options to gcc only

 Jocke


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

René Berber-2
On 12/14/2011 12:18 PM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> René Berber <[hidden email]> wrote on 2011/12/14 18:54:55:
>>
>> On 12/14/2011 11:39 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>>
>>> So perhaps crossdev -benv EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32" ...
>>
>> Environment vars is not the same as adding parameters to configure, but
>> I haven't tested this option, maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Sure it is, it is the only way to pass configure params I know.
> I have used --genv EXTRA_ECONF='"--disable-secureplt --with-cpu=e300c2 --without-long-double-128 --with-dwarf2 --without-fp --with-fp=soft"'
> to pass configure options to gcc only

You are right!

Thanks.
--
René Berber


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to use EXTRA_ECONF with crossdev

pva0xd
In reply to this post by René Berber-2
В Срд, 14/12/2011 в 11:22 -0600, René Berber пишет:
> EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-targets=x86_64-w64-mingw32,i686-w64-mingw32"
> crossdev -t x86_64-w64-mingw32 ...
>
> But is there a way to use it for a specific tool?  I'd like to use it
> only for binutils.

Hi. Currently I have no idea how to make this work with crossdev, but
take a look at portage manual page (man portage) on package.env file
description.

--
Peter.