I'm resigning

Donnie Berkholz-2
After thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I've decided to resign
from the council. I think the management and unification provided by the
council is critical, but I just don't have the time to commit on a
regular basis that's necessary to do a good job. I'm trying to finish my
Ph.D. and applying for postdoctoral fellowships, and along with my new
daughter, that means I can't promise any regular commitment of time.

Instead, I expect to spend what Gentoo time I have thinking and talking
about our future direction and working to innovate rather than managing
that innovation. I have the utmost confidence that others can fill my
place on the council. Therefore, it's more important for me to focus on
innovation, which I feel is driven by individual developers, including
me. I'm very excited to restart working on projects that I've mostly
dropped because of my council commitment, such as helping with the git
conversion, spending more time on PR, and finishing the test-suite
framework for eclasses, among other things.

I'm still available for advice about anything council-related, so feel
free to ask at any point.

Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com

Re: I'm resigning

Tiziano Müller-3
Hi Donnie

Thanks a lot for the work you've done for the Council and Gentoo as a
whole. I can fully understand your motivations, although it's a pity to
see you leave so shortly before the end of terms.

Good luck with the other Gentoo projects and your private life.

Cheers,
Tiziano

--
Tiziano Müller
Gentoo Linux Developer, Council Member

Re: I'm resigning

Donnie Berkholz-2
On 08:10 Tue 26 May     , Tiziano Müller wrote:
> Hi Donnie
>
> Thanks a lot for the work you've done for the Council and Gentoo as a
> whole. I can fully understand your motivations, although it's a pity to
> see you leave so shortly before the end of terms.
>
> Good luck with the other Gentoo projects and your private life.

My hope is that this gives someone else who might run for the next term
a chance for some experience to learn what it's like...

Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com

Re: I'm resigning

Roy Bamford-2

Re: I'm resigning

Donnie Berkholz-2
On 16:49 Tue 26 May     , Roy Bamford wrote:
> Its your call what you do and when you do it but it would be good to
> see you on the coucil for another 7 weeks, which is when the newly
> elected coucil meets for the first time. Thats 3 more meetings.
> I know too that the meetings are the tip of the iceberg in the effort
> it takes.

You probably don't realize this, but last night was the first time in a
month I've had even an hour for Gentoo. Feel free to call it a proxy if
you want and just have the next person in line fill in for the next
month and a half, but I won't be able to give any input on anything so
it might as well be official.