Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Thomas Anderson-10
Attached.

--
---------
Thomas Anderson

councilsummary-20090528.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Ulrich Mueller-2

>     - Filling the empty council seat.
>       [...]
>             Unanimously voted to fill the seat. Ulrich Mueller will fill Donnie
>             Berkholz's seat for the rest of the current term.

Just a minor point, is it technically possible to write my last name
with u-umlaut, or must the summary be encoded in ASCII?

>     - Removal of Old Eclasses.
>       [...]
>             The council voted that to remove eclasses devs should take the
>             following steps:
>                 1) Deprecate eclasses(warning)

I cannot find anything about a mandatory warning mentioned in the log.
(And it would mean that eclasses like kde-i18n.eclass wouldn't qualify
for removal, in spite of its deprecation in 2003.)

>                 2) Removal of all functionality relating to installing
>                 3) After two years the eclass may be removed.

>     - Handling EAPI Versioning in a forwards-compatible way.
>       [...]
>             The council voted on whether they recognized the problem that GLEP
>             55 is attempting to solve is real. The vote was unanimous in recognition
>             of the problem.

There where some abstentions, does the meaning of "unanimous" cover
this?

Otherwise, the summary looks good to me.

Ulrich

Re: Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Petteri Räty-2
Thomas Anderson wrote:
> Attached.

Please use ISO 8601 in dates. In Finland the day comes before the month
for example.

Regards,
Petteri

Re: Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Alec Warner-2
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Petteri Räty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thomas Anderson wrote:
>> Attached.
>>

> Please use ISO 8601 in dates. In Finland the day comes before the month
> for example.

huh?  YYYYMMDD is ISO 8601 (most significant to least)

> Regards,
> Petteri

Re: Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Mike Frysinger
On Sunday 31 May 2009 23:14:48 Alec Warner wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Petteri Räty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thomas Anderson wrote:
> >> Attached.
> >
> > Please use ISO 8601 in dates. In Finland the day comes before the month
> > for example.
>
> huh?  YYYYMMDD is ISO 8601 (most significant to least)

i think he means the subject line
-mike

Re: Initial Council summary for 04.28's meeting

Luca Barbato
Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>>     - Handling EAPI Versioning in a forwards-compatible way.
>>       [...]
>>             The council voted on whether they recognized the problem that GLEP
>>             55 is attempting to solve is real. The vote was unanimous in recognition
>>             of the problem.
>
> There where some abstentions, does the meaning of "unanimous" cover
> this?

And there were conditional yes...

lu

--