Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Thomas Anderson-10
Attached, comments are, as always, welcomed. Quite long this time.

Regards,
Thomas
--
---------
Thomas Anderson

Re: Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Thomas Anderson-10
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 08:56:03PM -0400, Thomas Anderson wrote:

> Attached, comments are, as always, welcomed. Quite long this time.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
> --
> ---------
> Thomas Anderson
> Gentoo Developer
> /////////
> Areas of responsibility:
> AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council
> ---------

As you've probably all noticed, I did not attach the file ;-)

--
---------
Thomas Anderson
Areas of responsibility:
AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council
---------

councilsummary-20090611.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Ulrich Müller

>> Attached, comments are, as always, welcomed. Quite long this time.

But you were quick nevertheless. :-)

>   - The banning of igli(Steve Long) from #gentoo-council.
>     [...]
>           No decision yet, the council decided to discuss this issue privately
>           on the council@ alias so that previous meeting time is not spent.
                                          ^^^^^^^^
precious?

>   - Removal of Ciaran McCreesh's(ciaranm) bugzilla permissions.
>     [...]
>       Conclusion:
>           The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges over the
>           strong protests of Ned Ludd(solar) who said it would
>           timestamp information for detecting who removed his privileges in
>           the first place and was against established infra process.

Can you find a more neutral wording here? (From bug 273759 I conclude
that robbat2 was successful with the investigation.) How about:

"The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges. Ned Ludd
(solar) noted that infra will investigate who removed the privileges
in the first place, and asks for not changing bugzilla status before."

Ulrich

Re: Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Luca Barbato
Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> "The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges. Ned Ludd
> (solar) noted that infra will investigate who removed the privileges
> in the first place, and asks for not changing bugzilla status before."

and append also "When asked about Ciaran wasn't against waiting few days
in order to have the investigation complete"

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member

Re: Initial Meeting Summary for Yesterday's meeting.

Petteri Räty-2
Thomas Anderson wrote:

>             The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges over the
>             strong protests of Ned Ludd(solar) who said it would destroy
>             timestamp information for detecting who removed his privileges in
>             the first place and was against established infra process.

It's worth noting that solar only pointed out the timestamp issue after
it was done not before announcing the intention to do so. Granted we
could have acked with less speed but I didn't see any reason to spend
more time on the issue. For my part Ciaramn could have the privs back
and if infra wanted to do further research I had no problem with that.

Regards,
Petteri

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 06:42:03PM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:

> Thomas Anderson wrote:
>
> >             The council voted to reinstate Ciaran's editbugs privileges over the
> >             strong protests of Ned Ludd(solar) who said it would destroy
> >             timestamp information for detecting who removed his privileges in
> >             the first place and was against established infra process.
>
> It's worth noting that solar only pointed out the timestamp issue after
> it was done not before announcing the intention to do so. Granted we
> could have acked with less speed but I didn't see any reason to spend
> more time on the issue. For my part Ciaramn could have the privs back
> and if infra wanted to do further research I had no problem with that.
That's quite tough to put in a summary to be honest, when there are all sorts of
opinions on a decision. I tried to keep a balance between all the parties in the
new version, which is attached.

> Regards,
> Petteri

Thanks for the comments guys.