Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Robin H. Johnson-2
Hi folks,

Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
channels.

Getting the bot out there
-------------------------
If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

Bug reports
-----------
Please open a bug in the Gentoo Infrastructure product, using the
'Other' component, and assign it directly to me.

Custom bot functionality:
-------------------------
Here's all the functionality that we have assembled, beyond the standard
rbot stuff.
Bugzilla
========
!bug [ZILLA] ID
Looks up bug #ID in the per-channel default or specified bugzilla.

!bugstats [ZILLA]
Totals of bugs per the bugzilla 'status' field.

!archstats [ZILLA] [STATUS] [RESO]
Totals of bugs per architecture, optionally with some specific set of
status or resolution values, comma delimited.

status = OPEN, DONE, UNCONFIRMED,NEW,ASSIGNED,REOPENED, RESOLVED, VERIFIED, CLOSED
Reso = FIXED, INVALID, WONTFIX, LATER, REMIND, DUPLICATE, WORKSFORME,
       CANTFIX, NEEDINFO, TEST-REQUEST, UPSTREAM
zilla = gentoo xine sourcemage redhat mozilla kernel fdo abisource
        apache kde gnome
If you want another bugzilla, file a bug.

Gentoo-specific
===============
!meta [-v] [CAT/]PACKAGE
Print the metadata and optionally herd members for a given package.

!changelog [CAT/]PACKAGE
Changelog stats for a package

!devaway list
List all away developers.

!devaway DEVNAME
Display .away message for a single developer.

!herd HERD
Show herd members

!expn NAME
Show the expansion of any public Gentoo mail alias

!glsa GLSAID
Shows the title and external IDS for any given GLSA ID.

!earch [CAT/]PACKAGE
Earch output for a given package

!rdep [CAT/]PACKAGE
Reverse RDEPEND for a given package

!ddep
Reverse DEPEND for a given package

What isn't supported yet
------------------------
1. !glsa -s TEXT
This used to search for GLSAs that matched that string in their title or
external IDS.

2. New bug announcements
Jeeves used to announce brand new bugs to #gentoo-bugs as well as
targeted channels or users, depending on the product, component,
assignee, cc and a number of other factors (deeply nested if/else
trees). The old implementation had this in code entirely, and it would
be nice to avoid having to modify the code whatsoever, and instead have
some domain-specific language for doing this.

Source availability
-------------------
Gentoo specific:
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-gentoo.git
Bugzilla support:
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-bugzilla.git
(flameeyes has his own tree as well, but he's been sick lately, so it
was lagging behind my development)

Right now, if you want to run your own instance of the bot, you will
need the latest Git tree of the rBot itself, as upstream only fixed the
last remaining issue a couple of hours ago.

Thanks to
---------
solar:
Running the old Jeeves Eggdrop till now, and helping to document all of
the Eggdrop functionality we used.

flameeyes:
Bugzilla plugin development

halcy0n:
Gentoo-specific stuff

tango_, jsn-:
(rbot upstream developers) For fixing the bugs as I found them :-).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Donnie Berkholz-2
On 14:18 Wed 06 Aug     , Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.

Yay!

> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-desktop
#gentoo-cluster
#gentoo-pr
#gentoo-council

Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Developer, Gentoo Linux
Blog: http://dberkholz.wordpress.com

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Mark Loeser
"Robin H. Johnson" <[hidden email]> said:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-cpp
#gentoo-qa
#gentoo-toolchain

Thanks Robin,

--
Mark Loeser
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Roy Bamford-2

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Fabian Groffen-2
On 06-08-2008 14:18:05 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-alt

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Petteri Räty-2
Robin H. Johnson kirjoitti:

> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.
>
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-java, yes

Regards,
Petteri

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Christian Hoffmann-8
On 2008-08-06 23:18, Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.
>
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.
I'd at least want him in #gentoo-php. I can't speak for the security
team, but I'm really pretty sure, we'd want him in #gentoo-security
as well.

So, please let him join:
#gentoo-php
#gentoo-security

--
Christian Hoffmann

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Zac Medico-2

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Rob Cakebread
Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-python

Thanks

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Mike Pagano
On Wednesday 06 August 2008 17:18:05 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.

#gentoo-kernel

Thanks to everyone involved.

--
Mike Pagano
Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project
Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xB576E4E3&op=index

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Nathan Sullivan
Arch channels? #gentoo-amd64 and #gentoo-amd64-dev would be cool :) i tend to use jeeves a bit in amd64-dev...

Nathan Sullivan.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Mike Pagano <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wednesday 06 August 2008 17:18:05 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.

#gentoo-kernel

Thanks to everyone involved.

--
Mike Pagano
Gentoo Developer - Kernel Project
E-Mail     : [hidden email]
GnuPG FP   : EEE2 601D 0763 B60F 848C  9E14 3C33 C650 B576 E4E3
Public Key : http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xB576E4E3&op=index

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Luis Francisco Araujo

Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> [...]
| Bugzilla support:
| http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/rbot-bugzilla.git
| (flameeyes has his own tree as well, but he's been sick lately, so it
| was lagging behind my development)
|
| Right now, if you want to run your own instance of the bot, you will
| need the latest Git tree of the rBot itself, as upstream only fixed the
| last remaining issue a couple of hours ago.
|
| Thanks to
| ---------
| solar:
| Running the old Jeeves Eggdrop till now, and helping to document all of
| the Eggdrop functionality we used.
|
| flameeyes:
| Bugzilla plugin development
|
| halcy0n:
| Gentoo-specific stuff
|
| tango_, jsn-:
| (rbot upstream developers) For fixing the bugs as I found them :-).

Please, join the bot to:

#gentoo-guis
#gentoo-haskell

- --

Luis F. Araujo "araujo at gentoo.org"
Gentoo Linux

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 12:12:16PM +1000, Nathan Sullivan wrote:
> Arch channels? #gentoo-amd64 and #gentoo-amd64-dev would be cool :) i tend
> to use jeeves a bit in amd64-dev...
Please have the channel founder or point of contact request it.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
E-Mail     : [hidden email]
GnuPG FP   : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED  F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Ali Polatel-4
Robin H. Johnson yazmış:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.

Thanks!

> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-vim

Ali Polatel

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Panagiotis Christopoulos
On 14:18 Wed 06 Aug     , Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry that it's taken this long to get completed, but the Jeeves
> replacement, Willikins, is finally 99% done, and ready to join lots of
> channels.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-lisp

(contact: pchrist, hkBst)

Thanks Robbin,

--
Panagiotis Christopoulos(pchrist)
------ Gentoo Lisp Project ------

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Hans de Graaff-2
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 14:18 -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

How could a ruby bot *not* be in #gentoo-ruby, so please add that
channel to the list as well.

Kind regards,

Hans

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Torsten Veller
* "Robin H. Johnson" <[hidden email]>:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-netmail

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

ZHANG Le
On 14:18 Wed 06 Aug     , Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

#gentoo-cn

Thanks Robin!

Zhang Le

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Bugzilla from zzam@gentoo.org
On Mittwoch, 6. August 2008, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Getting the bot out there
> -------------------------
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.

channel: #gentoo-vdr
contacts: zzam, hd_brummy

Re: Jeeves IRC replacement now alive - Willikins

Mark Kowarsky
Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Getting the bot out there
> If you would like to have the new bot in your #gentoo-* channel, would
> each channel founder/leader please respond to this thread, stating the
> channel name, and that they are the contact for any problems/troubles.
#gentoo-au

Cheers,
Mark

123