Kernel panik after Installation of Gentoo 2008.1

Kernel panik after Installation of Gentoo 2008.1

/linuX/sierra
I tried to install Gentoo to my Sunblade 2000 but every time I start from the Harddisk, I get a Kernel panik like ->

### VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown block (0,0)
### Please append a correct "root-" boot option; here are the acailable partitions:sr0 driver sr
### kernel panic ......

But I compiled everything ok, Ext3 Filesystem etc. So I ´m lost.

btw. I used the Procedure from the Gentoo Hanbook with the Anatomy from the Pages. (Sda1 to sda6)
Compile all the SCSI Driver, my HD ist SCSI

Please give me a hint. Thx

PS. Sry for my english writing, I am not used to write in english, I am german. ;-)