Last rites: media-sound/ogg2mp3

Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon
# Tony Vroon <[hidden email]> (17 Jun 2009)
# Dead homepage, upstream vows not to maintain it anymore. No sense
packaging abandoned software.
# Removal: July 17, 2009
media-sound/ogg2mp3

For bug #274123. Should you wish to rescue it, you will take sole
maintainership and become upstream, providing a homepage.

Regards,
Tony V.

Re: Last rites: media-sound/ogg2mp3

James Ausmus

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon <[hidden email]> wrote:
# Tony Vroon <[hidden email]> (17 Jun 2009)
# Dead homepage, upstream vows not to maintain it anymore. No sense
packaging abandoned software.
# Removal: July 17, 2009
media-sound/ogg2mp3

For bug #274123. Should you wish to rescue it, you will take sole
maintainership and become upstream, providing a homepage.

I might be interested in taking maintainership of this, unless another similar function CLI script exists?

Regards,
Tony V.

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 11:03 -0700, James Ausmus wrote:

> I might be interested in taking maintainership of this

Please let me know when the homepage and repository are ready. You would
have to apply the 'prevent endian swapping' patch and roll a new
tarball.

Regards,
Tony V.

Revival: media-sound/ogg2mp3

Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 11:03 -0700, James Ausmus wrote:

> I might be interested in taking maintainership of this

+*ogg2mp3-0.5.1 (18 Jun 2009)
+
+  18 Jun 2009; <[hidden email]> -ogg2mp3-0.5.ebuild,
+  +ogg2mp3-0.5.1.ebuild, metadata.xml:
+  First release from new maintainer James Ausmus, updated metadata.xml,
+  removed old ebuild.

+  18 Jun 2009; <[hidden email]> package.mask:
+  Undo removal mask for media-sound/ogg2mp3, new maintainer stepped up.

James, thank you for your contribution to Gentoo Linux! :)
metadata.xml is set up such that you will get CC'd on bugs filed in
Gentoo.
I've also added a changelog & doc section in the upstream tag.

Regards,
Tony V.

Re: Last rites: media-sound/ogg2mp3

Samuli Suominen-4
James Ausmus wrote:
> I might be interested in taking maintainership of this, unless another
> similar function CLI script exists?

Then maybe you want mp32ogg as well? :)