Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

David Seifert
# David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
# All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
# Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
sci-astronomy/celestia

signature.asc (1000 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

Matt Turner-5
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 3:57 PM David Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> # David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
> # All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
> # Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
> sci-astronomy/celestia

This is actually a really cool piece of software (give it a try!), and
the bugs look solvable, so I might try to fix them and unmask.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

Lars Wendler
In reply to this post by David Seifert
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:56:48 +0100 David Seifert wrote:

># David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
># All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
># Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
>sci-astronomy/celestia

I've adjusted the mask to not cover the live ebuild. I am still
actively maintaining it and the live ebuild already dropped gtkglext
dependency. Once a new release was rolled I will add that to Gentoo.
The old releases can go. They're way too old and even don't run
anymore with recent nvidia display drivers.

Lars

--
Lars Wendler
Gentoo package maintainer
GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93  9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

Pacho Ramos
El mié, 22-01-2020 a las 10:18 +0100, Lars Wendler escribió:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:56:48 +0100 David Seifert wrote:
>
> > # David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
> > # All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
> > # Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
> > sci-astronomy/celestia
>
> I've adjusted the mask to not cover the live ebuild. I am still
> actively maintaining it and the live ebuild already dropped gtkglext
> dependency. Once a new release was rolled I will add that to Gentoo.
> The old releases can go. They're way too old and even don't run
> anymore with recent nvidia display drivers.
>
> Lars
>
Why not provide a git snapshot? At least in Mageia they are relying in one
snapshot from the end of Dec 2019

Thanks

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

Lars Wendler
On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:48:22 +0100 Pacho Ramos wrote:

>El mié, 22-01-2020 a las 10:18 +0100, Lars Wendler escribió:
>> On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:56:48 +0100 David Seifert wrote:
>>
>> > # David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
>> > # All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
>> > # Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
>> > sci-astronomy/celestia
>>
>> I've adjusted the mask to not cover the live ebuild. I am still
>> actively maintaining it and the live ebuild already dropped gtkglext
>> dependency. Once a new release was rolled I will add that to Gentoo.
>> The old releases can go. They're way too old and even don't run
>> anymore with recent nvidia display drivers.
>>
>> Lars
>>
>
>Why not provide a git snapshot? At least in Mageia they are relying in
>one snapshot from the end of Dec 2019
>
>Thanks
Hi Pacho,

once I recover from being sick I can do that.

Cheers
Lars

--
Lars Wendler
Gentoo package maintainer
GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93  9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Last rites: sci-astronomy/celestia

Pacho Ramos
El sáb, 25-01-2020 a las 22:11 +0100, Lars Wendler escribió:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:48:22 +0100 Pacho Ramos wrote:
>
> > El mié, 22-01-2020 a las 10:18 +0100, Lars Wendler escribió:
> > > On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:56:48 +0100 David Seifert wrote:
> > >
> > > > # David Seifert <[hidden email]> (2020-01-21)
> > > > # All released versions depend on EOL gtkglext, no revdeps.
> > > > # Bug #644334, #694834. Removal in 30 days.
> > > > sci-astronomy/celestia
> > >
> > > I've adjusted the mask to not cover the live ebuild. I am still
> > > actively maintaining it and the live ebuild already dropped gtkglext
> > > dependency. Once a new release was rolled I will add that to Gentoo.
> > > The old releases can go. They're way too old and even don't run
> > > anymore with recent nvidia display drivers.
> > >
> > > Lars
> > >
> >
> > Why not provide a git snapshot? At least in Mageia they are relying in
> > one snapshot from the end of Dec 2019
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi Pacho,
>
> once I recover from being sick I can do that.
>
> Cheers
> Lars
>
Thanks a lot :)
Take care

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment