Last rites: virtual/cargo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Last rites: virtual/cargo

Georgy Yakovlev-2
# Georgy Yakovlev <[hidden email]> (2020-01-26)
# Not needed anymore, feel free to remove from your system
# emerge -C virtual/cargo
# update your rust packages running emerge with the
# --changed-deps option if you have problems
# https://bugs.gentoo.org/695698
virtual/cargo

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Last rites: virtual/cargo

Michael Orlitzky
On 1/26/20 9:46 PM, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
> # update your rust packages running emerge with the
> # --changed-deps option if you have problems

If this advice helps, you have violated the PMS.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Last rites: virtual/cargo

David Seifert
On Sun, 2020-01-26 at 21:53 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 1/26/20 9:46 PM, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
> > # update your rust packages running emerge with the
> > # --changed-deps option if you have problems
>
> If this advice helps, you have violated the PMS.
>

Agreed, if possible revbump any critical ebuilds, so we can avoid the
virtual/pam disaster this time round.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Last rites: virtual/cargo

Georgy Yakovlev-2
On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 10:48:51 +0100
David Seifert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2020-01-26 at 21:53 -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> > On 1/26/20 9:46 PM, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:
> > > # update your rust packages running emerge with the
> > > # --changed-deps option if you have problems
> >
> > If this advice helps, you have violated the PMS.
> >
>
> Agreed, if possible revbump any critical ebuilds, so we can avoid the
> virtual/pam disaster this time round.
>
>
All critical explicit consumers switched a while ago (mozilla & co).

Consumers via eclass switched about 1 month ago.

I considered revbumps, there were 44 ebuilds and 23 unique
packages,about half of that with stable keywords.
not that much, it's not pam after all. I did bump some meanwhile.
There will be no disaster.

attachment0 (849 bytes) Download Attachment