Lost console/terminal

Flores, Raul
Lost console/terminal

I have an iMac G5 revC (PowerMac 12,1) that was up and running with 2008.0 (linux kernel 2.6.24).

Recently upgraded the kernel to 2.6.27 and have an issue (used the g5_defconfig to do the build).

The new kernel is booting fine except that the iMac console/terminal does not refresh / update / render.

I can ssh into the system, and I can even use the consoles keyboard to login (as long as I do not make any typos).

But the main computer screen (console/terminal) just sits there with kernel debug info that was getting sent to it before whatever event causes it to stop working.

Any ideas where to look where to begin to get my screen back? Need to run an Gnome/KDE UI.

Thanks,

Raul

Re: Lost console/terminal

richo-2