Make liveCD how to

js-2
Hi all,

I've been looking in to how to make my own livecd based upon the gentoo
livecd's 2005.
For what i've found there is a tool named catalyst which enables me to
do so.
What I want to do is to keep the current x86 livecd's as they are, add
some binaries and some self made scripts.
I've been looking through the documentation provided with catalyst but I
must say that I can't figure out how to begin doing this.
The documentation is helpfull when you allready know how to work with
catalyst my opinion.  The /usr/share/docs directory contains some
examples, but they are examples for what?

Can I download a gentoo 2005.1-r1 bootcd iso and add software to it with
the catalyst tool?
Do I need to have a freshly installed clean gentoo to make a new bootcd?
Does catalyst produce a new iso file or something similar,

I was hoping if someone could jumpstart me with this.

Greetings,

Jelle

Re: Make liveCD how to

Chris Gianelloni
On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 22:00 +0100, js wrote:
> I've been looking in to how to make my own livecd based upon the gentoo
> livecd's 2005.
> For what i've found there is a tool named catalyst which enables me to
> do so.

You really need to read the FAQ.

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/faq.xml

> What I want to do is to keep the current x86 livecd's as they are, add
> some binaries and some self made scripts.
> I've been looking through the documentation provided with catalyst but I
> must say that I can't figure out how to begin doing this.
> The documentation is helpfull when you allready know how to work with
> catalyst my opinion.  The /usr/share/docs directory contains some
> examples, but they are examples for what?

They are spec files.  A spec file is the file you give catalyst to tell
it what to do.

> Can I download a gentoo 2005.1-r1 bootcd iso and add software to it with
> the catalyst tool?

No.

> Do I need to have a freshly installed clean gentoo to make a new bootcd?

No.  You don't even need Gentoo, at all.  All you need is Linux
(currently) with python.

> Does catalyst produce a new iso file or something similar,

Yes.

> I was hoping if someone could jumpstart me with this.

You can find a *ton* of howto documents on both gentoo-wiki and also on
the forums.  We do not have an official one yet, but any of those
resources should give you what you need.  This list is more for specific
support, so if you run into any specific problems, feel free to ask them
here.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead

Re: Make liveCD how to

Georg Lippold
js wrote:
> For what i've found there is a tool named catalyst which enables me to
> do so.
> What I want to do is to keep the current x86 livecd's as they are, add
> some binaries and some self made scripts.

Well, that's not what catalyst is intended to do. If you want to do
this, read some Knoppix remaster howto and keep in mind that catlyst
uses squashfs.

> Do I need to have a freshly installed clean gentoo to make a new bootcd?
> Does catalyst produce a new iso file or something similar,

Catalyst builds a full gentoo distribution and packages that new
distribution into an iso. The iso is made bootable in the process.

Greetings,

Georg

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Ok,

I've been through the process of trial and error and when building stage2 for a livecd I get this error :

>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
 * Caching service dependencies ...                                                                                                                                 [ ok ]
Running command "/bin/bash /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh bootloader"
isolinux/
isolinux/boot.msg
isolinux/memtest86
isolinux/isolinux.bin
config-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
initramfs-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
APPENDING CUSTOM KERNEL ARGS:
Running action sequence: preclean
Running command "/bin/bash /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh preclean"
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
sed: can't read /bin/bashlogin: No such file or directory
 * iptables not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * netmount removed from the following runlevels: default
 * rc-update complete.
 * /sbin/rc-update: /etc/init.d/autoconfig not found; aborting.
 * keymaps removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * serial not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * consolefont removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * modules added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * /sbin/rc-update: /etc/init.d/pwgen not found; aborting.
sed: can't read /etc/devfsd.conf: No such file or directory
Error, cannot setup splash theme livecd-2005.1

!!! catalyst: Preclean runscript failed.

pwgen is in the list  of  the stage1 answer file.
someone with a clue?

Greetings,

js wrote:
[...]

-- [hidden email] mailing list

Re: Make liveCD how to

Chris Gianelloni
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 18:50 +0100, js wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I've been through the process of trial and error and when building
> stage2 for a livecd I get this error :

>  * Caching service dependencies ...
> [ ok ]
> Running command
> "/bin/bash /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh
> bootloader"
> isolinux/
> isolinux/boot.msg
> isolinux/memtest86
> isolinux/isolinux.bin
> config-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
> initramfs-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
> kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
> APPENDING CUSTOM KERNEL ARGS:
> Running action sequence: preclean
> Running command
> "/bin/bash /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh
> preclean"
> sed: can't read /bin/bashlogin: No such file or directory
Add livecd-tools to your livecd-stage1 or your CD won't boot properly.

>  * iptables not found in any of the specified runlevels.
>  * netmount removed from the following runlevels: default
>  * rc-update complete.
>  * /sbin/rc-update: /etc/init.d/autoconfig not found; aborting.
>  * keymaps removed from the following runlevels: boot
>  * rc-update complete.
>  * serial not found in any of the specified runlevels.
>  * consolefont removed from the following runlevels: boot
>  * rc-update complete.
>  * modules added to runlevel default
>  * rc-update complete.
>  * /sbin/rc-update: /etc/init.d/pwgen not found; aborting.
Make sure you have "livecd" in your livecd-stage1's livecd/use or things
won't be merged properly.

> sed: can't read /etc/devfsd.conf: No such file or directory
> Error, cannot setup splash theme livecd-2005.1

You're trying to setup a splash theme without merging it.  You either
need splash-themes-livecd in your livecd-stage2's
boot/kernel/$kname/packages, or you need to remove livecd/splash_type
and livecd/splash_theme.

> !!! catalyst: Preclean runscript failed.
>

> pwgen is in the list  of  the stage1 answer file.
> someone with a clue?

The init script is only installed when it is merged with USE="livecd"

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
x86 Architecture Team
Games - Developer
Gentoo Linux

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Thank You Chris for your patience,

I'm in the stage of having my own first humble gentoo linux based bootdisk right now:-)
One detail though,
When booted I'm asked for a login and password,.... which  but I don't know the password (which will be randomized i guess)

How can I arrange that i just get a prompt and allready logged in as root?

Thanks

js wrote:

[...]

-- [hidden email] mailing list

Re: Make liveCD how to

Chris Gianelloni
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 20:51 +0100, js wrote:

> Thank You Chris for your patience,
>
> I'm in the stage of having my own first humble gentoo linux based
> bootdisk right now:-)
> One detail though,
> When booted I'm asked for a login and password,.... which  but I don't
> know the password (which will be randomized i guess)
>
> How can I arrange that i just get a prompt and allready logged in as
> root?
install livecd-tools in livecd-stage1, as it pulls in bashlogin

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
x86 Architecture Team
Games - Developer
Gentoo Linux

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Well I've done this:

livecd-tools is in the list and included in the build,.....

Here's my specfile:

# livecd-stage1 example specfile
# used to build a livecd-stage1

# The subarch can be any of the supported catalyst subarches (like athlon-xp).
# Refer to the catalyst reference manual for suppurted subarches.
# http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/reference.xml
# example:
subarch: x86

# The version stamp is an identifier for the build.  It can be anything you wish# it to be, but it is usually a date.
# example:
version_stamp: 2005.1-r1

# The target specifies what target we want catalyst to do.  For building a CD,
# we start with livecd-stage1 as our target.
# example:
target: livecd-stage1
# The rel_type defines what kind of build we are doing.  This is merely another
# identifier, but it useful for allowing multiple concurrent builds.  Usually,
# default will suffice.
# example:
rel_type: default

# This is the system profile to be used by catalyst to build this target.  It is# specified as a relative path from /usr/portage/profiles.
# example:
# profile: default-linux/x86/2005.0
profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1

# This specifies which snapshot to use for building this target.
# example:
# snapshot:
snapshot: 2005.1

# This specifies where the seed stage comes from for this target,  The path is
# relative to $clst_sharedir/builds.  The rel_type is also used as a path prefix# for the seed.
# example:
# default/stage3-x86-2004.3
source_subpath:default/stage3-x86-2005.1-r1

# These are the hosts used as distcc slaves when distcc is enabled in your
# catalyst.conf.  It follows the same syntax as distcc-config --set-hosts and
# is entirely optional.
# example:
# distcc_hosts: 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1

# This is an optional directory containing portage configuration files.  It
# follows the same syntax as /etc/portage and should be consistent across all
# targets to minimize problems.
# example:
portage_confdir: /etc/portage

livecd/use:
        -X
        -gtk
        -opengl
        -svga
        ipv6
        socks5
        livecd
        fbcon
        ssl

livecd/packages:
        baselayout
        livecd-tools
        ucl
        hwsetup
        module-init-tools
        hotplug
        irssi
        aumix
        metalog
        pciutils
        parted
        mt-st
        links
        star
        strace
        raidtools
        nfs-utils
        jfsutils
        usbutils
        speedtouch
        xfsprogs
        xfsdump
        e2fsprogs
        reiserfsprogs
        hdparm
        nano
        less
        openssh
        dhcpcd
        mingetty
        pwgen
        popt
        dialog
        rp-pppoe
        gpm
        screen
        mirrorselect
        penggy
        iputils
        hwdata-knoppix
        hwsetup
        bootsplash
        device-mapper
        lvm2
        evms
        vim
        gpart
        pwgen
        pptpclient
        mdadm
        tcptraceroute
        netcat
        ethtool
        wireless-tools
        tcpdump
        nmap
        libpcap
        sniffit
        sleuthkit
        vblade

Chris Gianelloni wrote:
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 20:51 +0100, js wrote:

Thank You Chris for your patience,

I'm in the stage of having my own first humble gentoo linux based
bootdisk right now:-)
One detail though,
When booted I'm asked for a login and password,.... which  but I don't
know the password (which will be randomized i guess)

How can I arrange that i just get a prompt and allready logged in as
root?

install livecd-tools in livecd-stage1, as it pulls in bashlogin

-- [hidden email] mailing list

RE: Make liveCD how to

Kessler, Paul

Is it just me or does this look like a cross between the new and the old spec file syntax? Maybe out of the wiki?

-- [hidden email] mailing list

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Hi Paul,

Yes, that is very possible.
I'm allready happy that i've been able to make a working bootcd this way. Altough I can't get past the login and password when booted.

Would it be possible to  get somehow the stage1 and stage2 specfiles used to build the gentoo-livecd's or is that not possible? :-)
It must be possible with those files to build exact the same livecd as the official one?

Greetings,

Jelle

Kessler, Paul wrote:

Is it just me or does this look like a cross between the new and the old spec file syntax? Maybe out of the wiki?

RE: Make liveCD how to

Kessler, Paul

Ok here is some things to try, go download stage3-x86-2005.1-r1 from one of the mirrors. There have been several fixes included. Here is an example of the stage 1 spec file format you might want to use based on what you provided:

subarch: x86

version_stamp: 2005.1-r1

target: livecd-stage1

rel_type: default

profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1

snapshot: 2005.1

source_subpath: stage3-x86-2005.1-r1

portage_confdir: /etc/portage

livecd/use: livecd ncurses readline -X -gnome -gtk

livecd/packages: baselayout livecd-tools gentoo-sources dhcpcd app-admin/sudo pwgen hotplug coldplug syslog-ng vim ethtool vim openssh gpm

Remember if you aren’t using an option in a spec file be sure to comment it out. Also make sure that you emerged catalyst with the docs, the examples contained in /usr/share/doc/catalyst-<version>/examples are not only very well documented but are the most current information available.

-- [hidden email] mailing list

RE: Make liveCD how to

Chris Gianelloni
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 14:58 -0600, Kessler, Paul wrote:
> Is it just me or does this look like a cross between the new and the
> old spec file syntax? Maybe out of the wiki?

Looks like......... something...

Please don't use spec files from Gentoo Wiki.  They're worse than wrong
most of the time.  They don't follow catalyst changes well.  Your list
of packages is *very* old.

If you would like to see what we used to build 2005.1, emerge
livecd-kconfigs and livecd-specs.

I'm not sure where you got this spec example from, but the package list
leaves a lot of questions... ;]

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
x86 Architecture Team
Games - Developer
Gentoo Linux

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Can somehow point me in the right direction solving this?

Thanks in advance!

Jelle.

No kernel configuration change, skipping kernel build...

Unpacking kernel modules from the previous build...

 >>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
 * Caching service dependencies
[ ok ]
Running command "/bin/bash
/usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh bootloader"
isolinux/
isolinux/boot.msg
isolinux/memtest86
isolinux/isolinux.bin
config-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
initramfs-x86-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
APPENDING CUSTOM KERNEL ARGS:
Running action sequence: preclean
Running command "/bin/bash
/usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh preclean"
 >>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
 * iptables not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * netmount removed from the following runlevels: default
 * rc-update complete.
 * autoconfig added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * keymaps removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * serial not found in any of the specified runlevels.
 * consolefont removed from the following runlevels: boot
 * rc-update complete.
 * modules added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * pwgen added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
 * syslog-ng added to runlevel default
 * rc-update complete.
sed: can't read /etc/devfsd.conf: No such file or directory
--16:42:47--  http://pciids.sourceforge.net/pci.ids.bz2
           => `/usr/share/misc/pci.ids.new'
Resolving pciids.sourceforge.net... 66.35.250.209
Connecting to pciids.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.209]:80... connected.
Length: 102,473 [text/plain]

100%[==============================================================================================================================>]
102,473       66.70K/s

16:42:50 (66.49 KB/s) - `/usr/share/misc/pci.ids.new' saved
[102,473/102,473]

Done.
Error, cannot setup splash theme livecd-2005.1

!!! catalyst: Preclean runscript failed.

here are my config files:

livecd-stage1-minimal.spec

subarch: x86
version_stamp: 2005.1
target: livecd-stage1
rel_type: default
profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1
snapshot: official
source_subpath: default/stage3-x86-2005.1
livecd/use:
        -*
        ipv6
        socks5
        livecd
        fbcon
        ncurses
        readline
        ssl
        atm

livecd/packages:
        livecd-tools
        gentoo-sources
        dhcpcd
        acpid
        apmd
        coldplug
        fxload
        irssi
        gpm
        syslog-ng
        parted
        links
        raidtools
        dosfstools
        nfs-utils
        jfsutils
        xfsprogs
        alsa-utils
        e2fsprogs
        reiserfsprogs
        ntfsprogs
        pwgen
        popt
        dialog
        rp-pppoe
        screen
        mirrorselect
        penggy
        iputils
        hwsetup
        lvm2
        evms
        vim
        pptpclient
        mdadm
        ethtool
        wireless-tools
#       prism54-firmware
        zd1201-firmware
        wpa_supplicant
#       vlock
        vblade
        sleuthkit

livecd-stage2-minimal.spec
---------------------------------------

subarch: x86
version_stamp: 2005.1
target: livecd-stage2
rel_type: default
profile: default-linux/x86/2005.1
snapshot: official
source_subpath: default/livecd-stage1-x86-2005.1

livecd/cdfstype: squashfs
livecd/archscript: /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/x86-archscript.sh
livecd/runscript: /usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/runscript/default-runscript.sh
livecd/cdtar:
/usr/lib/catalyst/livecd/cdtar/isolinux-3.09-memtest86+-cdtar.tar.bz2

livecd/iso: /var/tmp/catalyst/install-x86-2005.1-minimal.iso
livecd/splash_type: gensplash
livecd/splash_theme: livecd-2005.1

livecd/type: gentoo-release-minimal
livecd/modblacklist: 8139cp

livecd/bootargs: dokeymap
livecd/gk_mainargs: --lvm2 --dmraid --evms2

boot/kernel: gentoo
boot/kernel/gentoo/sources: gentoo-sources

boot/kernel/gentoo/config: /var/tmp/catalyst/2.6.12-smp.config

boot/kernel/gentoo/use: pcmcia usb -X png truetype

boot/kernel/gentoo/packages:
        splashutils
        splash-themes-livecd
        pcmcia-cs
# Removed in favor of in-kernel drivers
#       speedtouch
        slmodem
        globespan-adsl
        hostap-driver
        hostap-utils
# These versions have been edited to work together for the release.
#       =ipw2100-1.0.5
#       =ipw2200-1.0.1
        fritzcapi
        fcdsl
        cryptsetup
#       at76c503a
#       rt2500
#       rtl8180
#       adm8211
#       acx100
        orinoco

livecd/unmerge:
        acl
        addpatches
        attr
        autoconf
        automake
        bc
        bin86
        binutils
        bison
        bison
        ccache
        cpio
        cronbase
        diffutils
        distcc
        ed
        expat
        flex
        gcc
        gcc-config
        gcc-sparc64
        genkernel
        gentoo-sources
        gettext
        gnuconfig
        groff
        grub
        help2man
        lcms
        ld.so
        ld.so
        lib-compat
        libmng
        libperl
        libtool
        linux-headers
        m4
        make
        man
        man-pages
        miscfiles
        patch
        perl
        rsync
        sash
        sysklogd
        texinfo
        ucl
        vanilla-sources

livecd/empty:
        /etc/bootsplash/gentoo
        /etc/bootsplash/gentoo-highquality
        /etc/cron.daily
        /etc/cron.hourly
        /etc/cron.monthly
        /etc/cron.weekly
        /etc/logrotate.d
        /etc/rsync
        /etc/skel
        /etc/splash/emergence
        /etc/splash/gentoo
        /root/.ccache
        /tmp
        /usr/diet/include
        /usr/diet/man
        /usr/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc
        /usr/i386-pc-linux-gnu
        /usr/i386-pc-linux-uclibc
        /usr/include
        /usr/lib/X11/config
        /usr/lib/X11/doc
        /usr/lib/X11/etc
        /usr/lib/awk
        /usr/lib/ccache
        /usr/lib/gcc-config
        /usr/lib/gconv
        /usr/lib/nfs
        /usr/lib/perl5
        /usr/lib/portage
        /usr/lib/python2.2
        /usr/local
        /usr/portage
        /usr/share/aclocal
        /usr/share/baselayout
        /usr/share/consolefonts/partialfonts
        /usr/share/consoletrans
        /usr/share/dict
        /usr/share/doc
        /usr/share/emacs
        /usr/share/et
        /usr/share/gcc-data
        /usr/share/genkernel
        /usr/share/gettext
        /usr/share/glib-2.0
        /usr/share/gnuconfig
        /usr/share/gtk-doc
        /usr/share/i18n
        /usr/share/info
        /usr/share/lcms
        /usr/share/locale
        /usr/share/man
        /usr/share/perl
        /usr/share/rfc
        /usr/share/ss
        /usr/share/state
        /usr/share/texinfo
        /usr/share/unimaps
        /usr/share/zoneinfo
        /usr/sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
        /usr/src
        /var/cache
        /var/db
        /var/empty
        /var/lib/portage
        /var/lock
        /var/log
        /var/run
        /var/spool
        /var/state
        /var/tmp

livecd/rm:
        /boot/System*
        /boot/initr*
        /boot/kernel*
        /etc/*-
        /etc/*.old
        /etc/default/audioctl
        /etc/dispatch-conf.conf
        /etc/env.d/05binutils
        /etc/env.d/05gcc
        /etc/etc-update.conf
        /etc/hosts.bck
        /etc/issue*
        /etc/genkernel.conf
        /etc/make.conf
        /etc/make.conf.example
        /etc/make.globals
        /etc/make.profile
        /etc/man.conf
        /etc/resolv.conf
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/12*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/14*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/16*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/19*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/6*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/8*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-12*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-14*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-16*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-19*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-6*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/background-8*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-12*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-14*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-16*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-19*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-6*
        /etc/splash/livecd-2005.1/images/verbose-8*
        /lib/*.a
        /lib/security/pam_access.so
        /lib/security/pam_chroot.so
        /lib/security/pam_debug.so
        /lib/security/pam_ftp.so
        /lib/security/pam_issue.so
        /lib/security/pam_mail.so
        /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so
        /lib/security/pam_motd.so
        /lib/security/pam_postgresok.so
        /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so
        /lib/security/pam_userdb.so
        /root/.viminfo
        /sbin/fsck.cramfs
        /sbin/fsck.minix
        /sbin/mkfs.bfs
        /sbin/mkfs.cramfs
        /sbin/mkfs.minix
        /usr/bin/addr2line
        /usr/bin/ar
        /usr/bin/as
        /usr/bin/audioctl
        /usr/bin/c++*
        /usr/bin/elftoaout
        /usr/bin/gprof
        /usr/bin/i386-gentoo-linux-uclibc-*
        /usr/bin/i386-pc-linux-*
        /usr/bin/ld
        /usr/bin/nm
        /usr/bin/objcopy
        /usr/bin/objdump
        /usr/bin/piggyback*
        /usr/bin/ranlib
        /usr/bin/readelf
        /usr/bin/size
        /usr/bin/sparc-unknown-linux-*
        /usr/bin/sparc64-unknown-linux-*
        /usr/bin/strings
        /usr/bin/strip
        /usr/lib/*.a
        /usr/lib/gcc-lib/*/*/libgcj*
        /usr/sbin/bootsplash*
        /usr/sbin/fb*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/1*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/7*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/8*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/9*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/A*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/C*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/E*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/G*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/L*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/M*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/R*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/a*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/c*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/dr*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/g*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/i*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/k*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/l*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/r*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/s*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/t*
        /usr/share/consolefonts/v*
        /usr/share/misc/*.old

Re: Make liveCD how to

Andrew Gaffney
js wrote:
> Error, cannot setup splash theme livecd-2005.1

I'd say to try disabling the splash-related stuff in livecd-stage2 :)

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2

Granted,

The building goes well when I disable the splash related stuff.

But that's an option but not really a solution. I'm curious though why
it doesn't work out.
If someone could give some tips, please do.

Thanks

On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 12:19 +0100, js wrote:
> Granted,
>
> The building goes well when I disable the splash related stuff.
>
> But that's an option but not really a solution. I'm curious though why
> it doesn't work out.
> If someone could give some tips, please do.

Did your first kernel build fail because of the splash stuff?  It almost
looks like it did and then you resumed.  I'm not really sure, though.  I
would suggest clearing your caches for livecd-stage2 and trying it
again.  Also, are you using catalyst 1.x or 2.x?

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
x86 Architecture Team
Games - Developer
Gentoo Linux

Re: Make liveCD how to

js-2
Hello,

The first kernel build didn't fail and finished without any error though.
I suppose clearing the /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp will flush the cache?
I'm using the 1.X branch.

Thanks

Chris Gianelloni wrote:
On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 12:19 +0100, js wrote:

Granted,

The building goes well when I disable the splash related stuff.

But that's an option but not really a solution. I'm curious though why
it doesn't work out.
If someone could give some tips, please do.

Did your first kernel build fail because of the splash stuff?  It almost
looks like it did and then you resumed.  I'm not really sure, though.  I
would suggest clearing your caches for livecd-stage2 and trying it
again.  Also, are you using catalyst 1.x or 2.x?

-- [hidden email] mailing list

Re: Make liveCD how to

Eric Edgar
did you have the splash related ebuilds place in livecd-stage1 so that
genkernel would find them in livecd-stage2?

On 16:15 Sun 04 Dec     , js wrote:

> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>
> The first kernel build didn't fail and finished without any error
> though.<br>
> I suppose clearing the /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp will flush the cache?<br>
> I'm using the 1.X branch.<br>
> Thanks<br>
> Chris Gianelloni wrote:
>  type="cite">
>   <pre wrap="">On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 12:19 +0100, js wrote:
>   </pre>
>     <pre wrap="">Granted,
>
> The building goes well when I disable the splash related stuff.
>
> But that's an option but not really a solution. I'm curious though why
> it doesn't work out.
> If someone could give some tips, please do.
>     </pre>
>   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> Did your first kernel build fail because of the splash stuff?  It almost
> looks like it did and then you resumed.  I'm not really sure, though.  I
> would suggest clearing your caches for livecd-stage2 and trying it
> again.  Also, are you using catalyst 1.x or 2.x?
>
>   </pre>

Re: Make liveCD how to

Chris Gianelloni
On Sun, 2005-12-04 at 18:20 +0000, Eric Edgar wrote:
> did you have the splash related ebuilds place in livecd-stage1 so that
> genkernel would find them in livecd-stage2?

All the splash stuff is in livecd-stage2, including the ebuilds.  It
looked like he had everything, but it was a bit hard to read through the
HTML.