Make 'vaapi' USE flag global

Sergey Popov
Packages that uses 'vaapi' local USE-flag:

media-libs/avidemux-core
media-libs/xine-lib
media-tv/mythtv
media-tv/xbmc
media-video/avidemux
media-video/ffmpeg
media-video/hwdecode-demos
media-video/libav.
media-video/mpv
media-video/vlc
virtual/ffmpeg
www-plugins/gnash

Descriptions for that flag are pretty the same and we already have
'vdpau' USE flag, which is for someway similar technology.

So, how about making this flag global too?

--
Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer

Re: Make 'vaapi' USE flag global

Luca Barbato
On 28/11/14 13:20, Sergey Popov wrote:

> Packages that uses 'vaapi' local USE-flag:
>
> media-libs/avidemux-core
> media-libs/xine-lib
> media-tv/mythtv
> media-tv/xbmc
> media-video/avidemux
> media-video/ffmpeg
> media-video/hwdecode-demos
> media-video/libav.
> media-video/mpv
> media-video/vlc
> virtual/ffmpeg
> www-plugins/gnash
>
> Descriptions for that flag are pretty the same and we already have
> 'vdpau' USE flag, which is for someway similar technology.
>
> So, how about making this flag global too?

I'm fine for it.

Re: Make 'vaapi' USE flag global

Mikle Kolyada-2

28.11.2014 15:20, Sergey Popov пишет:

> Packages that uses 'vaapi' local USE-flag:
>
> media-libs/avidemux-core
> media-libs/xine-lib
> media-tv/mythtv
> media-tv/xbmc
> media-video/avidemux
> media-video/ffmpeg
> media-video/hwdecode-demos
> media-video/libav.
> media-video/mpv
> media-video/vlc
> virtual/ffmpeg
> www-plugins/gnash
>
> Descriptions for that flag are pretty the same and we already have
> 'vdpau' USE flag, which is for someway similar technology.
>
> So, how about making this flag global too?

works for me.

Re: Make 'vaapi' USE flag global

Ben de Groot-2
On 28 November 2014 at 20:20, Sergey Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Packages that uses 'vaapi' local USE-flag:
>
> media-libs/avidemux-core
> media-libs/xine-lib
> media-tv/mythtv
> media-tv/xbmc
> media-video/avidemux
> media-video/ffmpeg
> media-video/hwdecode-demos
> media-video/libav.
> media-video/mpv
> media-video/vlc
> virtual/ffmpeg
> www-plugins/gnash
>
> Descriptions for that flag are pretty the same and we already have
> 'vdpau' USE flag, which is for someway similar technology.
>
> So, how about making this flag global too?

Do it!

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer

Re: Make 'vaapi' USE flag global

Sergey Popov
28.11.2014 15:20, Sergey Popov пишет:

> Packages that uses 'vaapi' local USE-flag:
>
> media-libs/avidemux-core
> media-libs/xine-lib
> media-tv/mythtv
> media-tv/xbmc
> media-video/avidemux
> media-video/ffmpeg
> media-video/hwdecode-demos
> media-video/libav.
> media-video/mpv
> media-video/vlc
> virtual/ffmpeg
> www-plugins/gnash
>
> Descriptions for that flag are pretty the same and we already have
> 'vdpau' USE flag, which is for someway similar technology.
>
> So, how about making this flag global too?

And finally done. I also changed metadata of each envolved packages.
This is minor change and should not break anything, so i did not contact
with each of respective maintainers of packages listed above before
making change.