Meeting

Martin Schlemmer
Hi,

I wont be able to make the meeting.  I know its sudden, but we have a
major fuel crisis here, and if we do not leave now for home, we might
not get there at all.

Anyhow, regards and all the best for the festive season.

--
Martin Schlemmer

Re: Meeting

Thierry Carrez
Martin Schlemmer wrote:

> I wont be able to make the meeting.  I know its sudden, but we have a
> major fuel crisis here, and if we do not leave now for home, we might
> not get there at all.

Anyone could represent you at the meeting ? I won't be able to make it
myself, but I'll have someone to proxy for me, something that will avoid
the non-eternal shame of the slacker mark.

Also Aron (agriffis) should definitely be there or appoint someone,
otherwise we'll have to have elections to replace him (he was not there
last time).

The meeting, I suppose, will be held at 1900 UTC.

--
Koon

Re: Meeting

Torsten Veller
* Thierry Carrez <[hidden email]>:
> myself, but I'll have someone to proxy for me, something that will avoid
> the non-eternal shame of the slacker mark.
>
> Also Aron (agriffis) should definitely be there or appoint someone,
> otherwise we'll have to have elections to replace him (he was not there
> last time).

This is not correct. GLEP 39 says:

| - If a council member (or their appointed proxy) fails to show up for
|   two consecutive meetings, they are marked as a slacker.
| - If a council member who has been marked a slacker misses any further
|   meeting (or their appointed proxy doesn't show up), they lose their
|   position and a new election is held to replace that person. The newly
|   elected council member gets a 'reduced' term so that the yearly
|   elections still elect a full group.

Maybe the "Current slacker status" table on /proj/en/council is
misleading? Needs distinction between "missed last meeting" and "slacker".

Re: Re: Meeting

Mike Frysinger
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 05:43:57PM +0100, Torsten Veller wrote:

> * Thierry Carrez <[hidden email]>:
> > myself, but I'll have someone to proxy for me, something that will avoid
> > the non-eternal shame of the slacker mark.
> >
> > Also Aron (agriffis) should definitely be there or appoint someone,
> > otherwise we'll have to have elections to replace him (he was not there
> > last time).
>
> This is not correct. GLEP 39 says:
>
> | - If a council member (or their appointed proxy) fails to show up for
> |   two consecutive meetings, they are marked as a slacker.

i think we all misread this ... the running idea was that if you miss
one meeting -> you're a slacker

i'll update the council page appropriately
-mike

Re: Re: Meeting

Sven Vermeulen
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:51:35PM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> i think we all misread this ... the running idea was that if you miss
> one meeting -> you're a slacker
>
> i'll update the council page appropriately

Anyone can miss a meeting which is why two misses were used. And only then
shouldn't you miss any at all. Afaik, you can miss 50% of the meetings and
still don't be marked as a slacker (miss one, join one, miss one, join one,
...).

Or do I misread the consecutive part?

Wkr,
      Sven Vermeulen

--
  Gentoo Foundation Trustee          |  http://foundation.gentoo.org
  Gentoo Documentation Project Lead  |  http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp

  The Gentoo Project   <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>

Re: Meeting

Martin Schlemmer
On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 17:21 +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Martin Schlemmer wrote:
>
> > I wont be able to make the meeting.  I know its sudden, but we have a
> > major fuel crisis here, and if we do not leave now for home, we might
> > not get there at all.
>
> Anyone could represent you at the meeting ? I won't be able to make it
> myself, but I'll have someone to proxy for me, something that will avoid
> the non-eternal shame of the slacker mark.

Sorry, we would only have gone two days later, and when I mailed, I got
the message that we going asap ... and like I said in my dev-away, no
internet, internet shops, computer shops, etc at my parents.  And my
Iceburg 5 VGA cooler broke my vga card with the travel (so had no
working linux box there this holidays), as well as lost a HDD (part of
my / stripe), so not a great holiday for me in regards to computers.

Other issue is that I also went to have my dad respray and overall my
car's engine, but due to weather and other issues, it took a week to a
week and a half longer than planned.

Also due to 2GB file limit, about 2000-3000 mail bounced, and I am
trying to sort through them, so if I missed anything about a meeting or
something not regarded to this topic, please let me know.

Martin Schlemmer