Mentoring

Haydania-Capri Hummel
Hi;

I've very interested in become a member of the public relations team and
was wondering if anyone would be willing to mentor me in regards to
becoming a developer as so that I can join the team.

Re: Mentoring

Sebastian Pipping-5
Hello Haydania-Capri,

On 06.12.2012 03:09, Haydania-Capri Hummel wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I've very interested in become a member of the public relations team and
> was wondering if anyone would be willing to mentor me in regards to
> becoming a developer as so that I can join the team.

thanks for your interest.  What you would like to be working on?

I am not sure if working for the PR team requires to be/become a Gentoo
developer.  If it does, you would need to go through the usual
recruiting process.  Are you familiar with writing ebuilds?

Best,

Sebastian

Re: Mentoring

Haydania-Capri Hummel
I'm quite familiar with the writing of Ebuilds, I maintain my own
Portage overlay which is listed in Layman.

--
Haydania-Capri Hummel
CEO & Founder of Oscailt Foundation, Inc.

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: @haydania
IRC: [hidden email]

"It's what you make it."

Re: Mentoring

Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)
El 09/12/12 17:06, Sebastian Pipping escribió:

> Hello Haydania-Capri,
>

> On 06.12.2012 03:09, Haydania-Capri Hummel wrote:
>> Hi;
>>
>> I've very interested in become a member of the public relations team and
>> was wondering if anyone would be willing to mentor me in regards to
>> becoming a developer as so that I can join the team.
> thanks for your interest.  What you would like to be working on?
>
> I am not sure if working for the PR team requires to be/become a Gentoo
> developer.  If it does, you would need to go through the usual
> recruiting process.  Are you familiar with writing ebuilds?
Sebastian, for PR I think passing the staffer tests should be enough, as
a staffer you can do the same as a developer (except modifying the
portage tree) and passing the tests requires less time.