MySQL Backup

Gerry Smith-2
What's recommended for MySQL backups these days ?
I've been using zmanda, which I found very easy to install and use,
but it doesn't seem to be in portage anymore ?

Thanks,

Gerry Smith

Gerry Smith

Gerry Smith

RE: MySQL Backup

Jesse Pasichnyk
I run backuppc, calling MySQL dump as a pre-backup task...

Gerry Smith

Re: MySQL Backup

Robert Bridge
We use xtrabackup from percona, with tar to generate backup of the
running mysql servers in a fraction of the time it would take to use
mysqldump. Restoration is than just a case of copy the uncompressed
tarball into place and starting mysql.

It's a pain when it comes to restoring individual tables, but for a
full system backup it's fast and easy.

RobbieAB.

On 15 April 2012 20:40, Jesse Pasichnyk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I run backuppc, calling MySQL dump as a pre-backup task...
> ________________________________

Re: MySQL Backup

Brian Kroth
I use this for some very large data sets as well.  The trouble is that
to do it right you have to lock the tables while it's running, so I
actually run it off replication slaves instead.  One of the nice things
of doing things this way is that you can use perl or your other favorite
text processing tool to parse out individual databases, tables, views,
etc.  That's important in a hosting environment and usually more
difficult/costly with raw file backups.

Brian

Tanner Danzey <[hidden email]> 2012-04-15 13:10: