Need backup mentor for FUSE-based sandbox project

Need backup mentor for FUSE-based sandbox project

Michał Górny-5
Hi, everyone.

It seems that we *urgently* (read: in 6 days) need to find backup
mentors for this year's GSoC projects.  I'm mentoring the project to
develop a FUSE-based sandbox alternative that's going to work reliably
with more packages than the LD_PRELOAD hack [1].

Would anyone volunteer to be the backup maintainer for this?

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5749981018849280/proposal/5572241732927488/

Michał Górny

Re: Need backup mentor for FUSE-based sandbox project

Alec Warner-2

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:09 PM Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, everyone.

It seems that we *urgently* (read: in 6 days) need to find backup
mentors for this year's GSoC projects.  I'm mentoring the project to
develop a FUSE-based sandbox alternative that's going to work reliably
with more packages than the LD_PRELOAD hack [1].

Would anyone volunteer to be the backup maintainer for this?

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5749981018849280/proposal/5572241732927488/

I get a 403 for that.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2020/Ideas#FUSE-powered_sandbox is your writeup; I assume the above is supposed to be a link to the student's proposal?

Michał Górny

On Sat, 2020-04-25 at 21:40 -0700, Alec Warner wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:09 PM Michał Górny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi, everyone.
> >
> > It seems that we *urgently* (read: in 6 days) need to find backup
> > mentors for this year's GSoC projects.  I'm mentoring the project to
> > develop a FUSE-based sandbox alternative that's going to work reliably
> > with more packages than the LD_PRELOAD hack [1].
> >
> > Would anyone volunteer to be the backup maintainer for this?
> >
> > [1]
> > https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5749981018849280/proposal/5572241732927488/
>
> I get a 403 for that.
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2020/Ideas#FUSE-powered_sandbox
> is
> your writeup; I assume the above is supposed to be a link to the student's
> proposal?
Yes and yes.  I suppose idea of stable links didn't reach Google yet.
However, I should have noted that we have a backup mentor now but
there's no harm in having a second backup ;-).

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Michał Górny

Michał Górny