New x86-fbsd stage3

Richard Yao
Dear Everyone,

I made an unofficial x86-fbsd stage3. It is available at the following
address:

http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~ryao/stage3-i686-freebsd-9.0.tar.bz2

Yours truly,
Richard Yao

Re: New x86-fbsd stage3

Michael Orlitzky-2
On 03/21/12 08:42, Richard Yao wrote:
> Dear Everyone,
>
> I made an unofficial x86-fbsd stage3. It is available at the following
> address:
>
> http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~ryao/stage3-i686-freebsd-9.0.tar.bz2

I was finally able to get up and running, although in a roundabout manner.

1. Boot the PC-BSD live DVD, and install it to the hard drive.

2. Reboot to the GhostBSD liveCD (PC-BSD panics).

3. Mount the drive, and delete everything except /boot.

4. Untar this stage3 and the latest portage.

5. Reboot.

6. Something goes wrong, /dev/ad0s1a is read-only?

7. Boot to GhostBSD, and fsck a few times. Tons of errors fixed.
   Whatever =)

8. Reboot again, it works.

Re: New x86-fbsd stage3

Richard Yao
On 04/27/12 13:46, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> On 03/21/12 08:42, Richard Yao wrote:
>> Dear Everyone,
>>
>> I made an unofficial x86-fbsd stage3. It is available at the following
>> address:
>>
>> http://www.cs.stonybrook.edu/~ryao/stage3-i686-freebsd-9.0.tar.bz2
>
> I was finally able to get up and running, although in a roundabout manner.
>
> 1. Boot the PC-BSD live DVD, and install it to the hard drive.
>
> 2. Reboot to the GhostBSD liveCD (PC-BSD panics).
>
> 3. Mount the drive, and delete everything except /boot.
>
> 4. Untar this stage3 and the latest portage.
>
> 5. Reboot.
>
> 6. Something goes wrong, /dev/ad0s1a is read-only?
>
> 7. Boot to GhostBSD, and fsck a few times. Tons of errors fixed.
>    Whatever =)
>
> 8. Reboot again, it works.

Thanks for sharing this procedure. I am happy to hear that you did a
successful installation. :)