News Item - MythTV

Rich Freeman
I'm considering sending out this news item in a few days - comments
are welcome.  It is a bit different in tone from a typical news item
but MythTV has been in not-so-great shape for a while and my goal is
to reel things in a bit and commit to something we can continue to
maintain, while soliciting help from the community.

Rich

2011-12-08-mythtv-updates.en.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: News Item - MythTV

pva0xd
В Птн, 09/12/2011 в 20:38 -0500, Rich Freeman пишет:
> I'm considering sending out this news item in a few days - comments
> are welcome.  It is a bit different in tone from a typical news item
> but MythTV has been in not-so-great shape for a while and my goal is
> to reel things in a bit and commit to something we can continue to
> maintain, while soliciting help from the community.

This does not look like a news item, but more like a project status
update or blog post. Probably it's much better to create webpage (or
news item) on www.gentoo.org and add elog/ewarn to point there. Once
mythtv team changes this information may change, but all users will see
it anyway.

--
Peter.

Re: News Item - MythTV

Donnie Berkholz-2
On 21:03 Mon 12 Dec     , Peter Volkov wrote:

> В Птн, 09/12/2011 в 20:38 -0500, Rich Freeman пишет:
> > I'm considering sending out this news item in a few days - comments
> > are welcome.  It is a bit different in tone from a typical news item
> > but MythTV has been in not-so-great shape for a while and my goal is
> > to reel things in a bit and commit to something we can continue to
> > maintain, while soliciting help from the community.
>
> This does not look like a news item, but more like a project status
> update or blog post. Probably it's much better to create webpage (or
> news item) on www.gentoo.org and add elog/ewarn to point there. Once
> mythtv team changes this information may change, but all users will see
> it anyway.
I like it fine as a GLEP42 news item, I hate it as a news item on the
homepage for sure. Seems to me that pointing to the website for
plaintext docs like this is kinda defeating the point of these news
items. It's certainly more news rather than a long-term useful document,
because at some point the change will happen, and then things are just
the way they are.

Donnie

Donnie Berkholz
Council Member / Sr. Developer