[OT] ...in search of a program (terminal emulator)

[OT] ...in search of a program (terminal emulator)

tuxic
Hi,

I think there is kinda "emulator" or "simulator ...or any other kind
pf xyz-ulator...which simulates the look and feel of old computer
monitors/terminal screens.

But (may be due to lacking language skills) I get too much hits (with
search terms like "analog monitor", "old TV" and such), which have
nothing in common, for which I wanted to search for...or nothing at
all, when I search too specifically...

Who can remember the name of that/these xyz-ulators and can help
me?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
Cheers!
Meino

Re: [OT] ...in search of a program (terminal emulator)

Jack
On 2019.01.13 13:30, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there is kinda "emulator" or "simulator ...or any other kind
> pf xyz-ulator...which simulates the look and feel of old computer
> monitors/terminal screens.
>
> But (may be due to lacking language skills) I get too much hits (with
> search terms like "analog monitor", "old TV" and such), which have
> nothing in common, for which I wanted to search for...or nothing at
> all, when I search too specifically...
>
> Who can remember the name of that/these xyz-ulators and can help
> me?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
> Cheers!
> Meino
Try searching for VT52 or VT100 - two of the (once) more popular Video
Terminals which were thus some of the earliest terminals emulated.   I
see x11-terms/xvt in portage which might do.   Unfortunately, just
searching for "vt" gives far too many irrelevant hits, but "terminal
emulator vt" looks like it might have some useful leads.

Jack

Re: [OT] ...in search of a program (terminal emulator)

Michael K Schumacher
On 1/13/19 12:30 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there is kinda "emulator" or "simulator ...or any other kind
> pf xyz-ulator...which simulates the look and feel of old computer
> monitors/terminal screens.
>
> But (may be due to lacking language skills) I get too much hits (with
> search terms like "analog monitor", "old TV" and such), which have
> nothing in common, for which I wanted to search for...or nothing at
> all, when I search too specifically...
>
> Who can remember the name of that/these xyz-ulators and can help
> me?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
> Cheers!
> Meino

You might be looking for x11-terms/cool-retro-term.

Hope this helps,
M.K.Schu

On 01/13 01:45, Jack wrote:

> On 2019.01.13 13:30, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think there is kinda "emulator" or "simulator ...or any other kind
> > pf xyz-ulator...which simulates the look and feel of old computer
> > monitors/terminal screens.
> >
> > But (may be due to lacking language skills) I get too much hits (with
> > search terms like "analog monitor", "old TV" and such), which have
> > nothing in common, for which I wanted to search for...or nothing at
> > all, when I search too specifically...
> >
> > Who can remember the name of that/these xyz-ulators and can help
> > me?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
> > Cheers!
> > Meino
> Try searching for VT52 or VT100 - two of the (once) more popular Video
> Terminals which were thus some of the earliest terminals emulated.   I see
> x11-terms/xvt in portage which might do.   Unfortunately, just searching for
> "vt" gives far too many irrelevant hits, but "terminal emulator vt" looks
> like it might have some useful leads.
>
> Jack

Hi Jack,

ooopsss...I was not clear enough (no native speaker, sorry)...
I didn't meant emulators of old terminal standards.

I meant a piece of software which recreate the defekts of old monitors
like distorted edges, monochrome ambercolored fonts etc...pp...

Cheers!
Meino