OpenExpo in Zurich

Tiziano Müller-3
Hi there

As all of you might (or might not know) there is a fairly new fair here in
Zurich called "OpenExpo" which will happen on September 19th and 20th.
(http://www.openexpo.ch/)

We will be present there with a booth (sponsered by several parties).
If nothing has changed, Christel and Patrick Lauer (bonsaikitten/DrEevil) will
be there for both days. In addition to that, Killerfox and Hansmi will be
there as well, each for one day.

We get: One table with two chairs and space for a A1 poster, which can be
printed on a plotter for no cost if sent to the organization before September
the 5th. In addition to that, Hansmi told me that he has also an opportunity
to print large sheets, while I could only print A3-format in Color (on a
Laser).

So, my questions are:
- Is there some paperwork already done for such posters? Or are they already
available for download somewhere. Preferred language would be German, while
English is of course acceptable.
- Do we (Gentoo people present there) get Gentoo-shirts for this?
- Should we have some other Gentoo Fan Stuff there? Also for sale?

Cheers,
Tiziano

RE: OpenExpo in Zurich

Chrissy Fullam-2
> From: Tiziano Müller [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Subject: [gentoo-pr] OpenExpo in Zurich
>
> As all of you might (or might not know) there is a fairly new
> fair here in Zurich called "OpenExpo" which will happen on
> September 19th and 20th.
Nope, didn’t know but thanks for the info. We can add this event to the upcoming
events section on the Gentoo Events project page.

> If nothing has changed, Christel and Patrick Lauer
> (bonsaikitten/DrEevil) will be there for both days.
You may want to confirm Christel's attendance; I know she mentioned something
about being in Belgium. Patrick (patrick/bonsaikitten/DrEevil) is not a Gentoo
developer, not sure why else you would have him at the booth. You may want to
talk to a few people that "worked with him" at a previous event; I know he was
the event lead for FOSDEM 2006 and myself, kingtaco, or wolf31o2 could fill you
in on how that went.

Large Gentoo logo: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/pr/events/sign-big-150dpi.png

> - Do we (Gentoo people present there) get Gentoo-shirts for this?
Gentoo developers do not get free Gentoo shirts for working at an event. The
person coordinating the event has historically tried to ensure that all
developers know in advance to wear a Gentoo shirt. This is done best when
everyone has been asked in advance to all purchase/wear the *same* style Gentoo
shirt. At LWE we've all bought the same Gentoo polo shirts, for example.

> - Should we have some other Gentoo Fan Stuff there? Also for sale?
Christel has said that she has fliers, posters, and a limited supply of
t-shirts. Any time we have had t-shirts for sale, we have always sold out very
quickly. You may need to confirm Christel's attendance though, if not perhaps
she could mail you the above mentioned supplies?

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations