OpenIB and recent kernels

Alexey Shvetsov
Hi all!

I'm using openib-userspace utils and kernel drivers on two clusters
but i cannot use openib-kernel with kernels greater than 2.6.22
while in kernels drivers works fine with recent gentoo-sources (2.6.23-2.6.25)
only thing that they need to work with openib-userspace is udev rules
for ib devices and openib initscript and config. So why we cant add
drivers use flag for openib-userspace that works as follow:
when it set than we pull openib kernel as dep
when it is not set we install udev rules and initscripts for openib

Alexxy

--
Gentoo Team Ru

Mail to

Re: OpenIB and recent kernels

Bugzilla from kyron@neuralbs.com
Alexy,

    I'm working on the Gentoo clustering LiveDVD, now would be a good
time to add items to the shopping list ;)

Eric

Alexey Shvetsov wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm using openib-userspace utils and kernel drivers on two clusters
> but i cannot use openib-kernel with kernels greater than 2.6.22
> while in kernels drivers works fine with recent gentoo-sources (2.6.23-2.6.25)
> only thing that they need to work with openib-userspace is udev rules
> for ib devices and openib initscript and config. So why we cant add
> drivers use flag for openib-userspace that works as follow:
> when it set than we pull openib kernel as dep
> when it is not set we install udev rules and initscripts for openib
>
> Alexxy

Re: OpenIB and recent kernels

Alexey Shvetsov
Hi!

Well all needed parts are in science overlay now
except openmpi with openib support
it is avalieble on bugs.gentoo.org

I think base things that will be good for this livedvd are
* openib
* eselect-mpi
* openmpi
* mvapich2
* some soft to test that all works =)

--
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
Gentoo Team Ru

Re: OpenIB and recent kernels

George Robb
Sounds like a fun project...  Let us know when you are ready for
testers...

;)

George