Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Kent Fredric
I've had Task::Kensho and its dependency family sitting on the overlay in a branch for a week now[1] in hopes to attain interest, but I really don't want to merge the significant amount of commits/ebuilds that make it work without getting some larger scale of approval from people who ( hopefully ) care.

For those who don't know, Task::Kensho[2] is the poster child preview of the Enlightened Perl Organisation Extended-Core, care of EPO[3]

Those who want to give it a buzz and are already using the overlay,

    git checkout -b task-kensho origin/incomming/kent/kensho

Will hopefully get you a copy of the work in progress.

Its based vs master at present, so those of you who're trying 5.10.1 on the alternatives branch might have a bit of emerge related heaches if you switch to it.

If I can get this checked and garner public seal of approval then it can be merged in properly and thus appear on both branches instead of needing to maintain several seperate rebases.

nb: I'm hoping it can get merged sooner than later, because at present its falling behind master as it is,  and I don't really want to rebase that branch more than I have to, because downstream rebases can be somewhat complicated.

Thanks for any feedback, be it positive, or critical.

[1]: http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/perl-overlay.git;a=log;h=refs/heads/incomming/kent/kensho
[2]: http://search.cpan.org/~perigrin/Task-Kensho-0.15/lib/Task/Kensho.pm
[3]: http://enlightened.perl.org

--
Kent

perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3, 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"

Re: Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Michele Beltrame-3
Hi Kent!

First of all, thanks for the great work. I'd personally be very happy is
Task::Kensho and dependencies move to the main branch, as it's a
convenient module to get "much of what is needed for Modern Perl". I'd
also be willing to help with bumps and other maintenance tasks.

I'm emerging Task-Kensho (perl 5.10.0-r2) and nearly everything went
fine so far. Just a couple of things:

- dev-perl/Bundle-CPAN contains a dependency to a non-existent ebuild
dev-perl/Parse-CPAN-Meta. It should depend on virtual/perl-Parse-CPAN-Meta.

- perl-core/ExtUtils-Install conflicts with perl-core/ExtUtils-MakeMaker
6.50 I have on my system (conflicting file is Install.pm). I bumped
MakeMaker (in the master branch only) and the problem disappeared.

- Manifest of dev-perl/MooseX-Types-Path-Class/ contains wrong digests
(!), it's got to be rebuilt

Later,
Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame
http://www.italpro.net/ - [hidden email]
SkyPe: arthas77 - Twitter: mbeltrame

Re: Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Kent Fredric
Thanks for the feedback Michele,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Michele Beltrame <[hidden email]> wrote:
- dev-perl/Bundle-CPAN contains a dependency to a non-existent ebuild
dev-perl/Parse-CPAN-Meta. It should depend on virtual/perl-Parse-CPAN-Meta.

Fixed on branch now :)

- perl-core/ExtUtils-Install conflicts with perl-core/ExtUtils-MakeMaker
6.50 I have on my system (conflicting file is Install.pm). I bumped
MakeMaker (in the master branch only) and the problem disappeared.

For the sake of others reading  6.54 has been added to 'master', which /hopefully/ helps resolve this issue.
the kensho branch has also been synchronised vs master so it should be simple to use for others.

- Manifest of dev-perl/MooseX-Types-Path-Class/ contains wrong digests
(!), it's got to be rebuilt

Fixed also, somehow a pesky \s turned up in metadata.xml

Thanks.

Also, seeing how low activity this list is, I might suggest if you have a good reason *NOT* to merge it, speak now, or forever hold your peace, because I might just merge it in this Wednesday =)

Re: Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Michele Beltrame-3
Hello!

> Also, seeing how low activity this list is, I might suggest if you have
> a good reason *NOT* to merge it, speak now, or forever hold your peace,
> because I might just merge it in this Wednesday =)

Merge, merge. ;-)

Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame
http://www.italpro.net/ - [hidden email]
SkyPe: arthas77 - Twitter: mbeltrame

Re: Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Torsten Veller
* Kent Fredric <[hidden email]>:
> because I might just merge it in this Wednesday =)

I didn't had the time to try it. But feel free to merge it, if there are
no known problems. The overlay is still called "perl-experimental".

Thanks.

Re: Re: Overlay users, Want to try Task::Kensho?

Kent Fredric
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Torsten Veller <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Kent Fredric <[hidden email]>:
> because I might just merge it in this Wednesday =)

I didn't had the time to try it. But feel free to merge it, if there are
no known problems. The overlay is still called "perl-experimental".

Thanks.

Well, when you put it that way ;)

Merge branch 'incomming/kent/kensho'
* incomming/kent/kensho: (40 commits)

  -MX::S 0.15

  QA Fix on Modern-Perl

  Fixed Manifest problem ( was extra char in the .xml )
  Fixed Bundle-CPAN's Deps
  Bumped Test::JSONto 0.11
  Bumped local-lib to 0.004004
  Bumped Test::TempDir to 0.05
  Bumped Bundle::CPAN, cleaned up it too.
  Bumped Task::Kensho
  MultiBumped Task::Kensho
  added XML::Generator::PerlData for Task::Kensho
  Cleaned old Task::Kenshos
  Bumped Task::Kensho
  Time::y2038 for task::kensho
  Added MooseX::Storage 0.18 via bump