[PREFIX] future of Solaris 10?

Fabian Groffen-2
All,

I recently noticed ISC bind people went on a killing spree for "old"
systems and removed support for many older systems, including Solaris
10.  GCC still supports it, but it's deprecated already.  Solaris 10
should be in "Extendended support or Sustaining support" mode, since Feb
1st 2018.  It's not really dead yet, but it won't get any improvements,
or something like that.

I've been running an old Sun Blade 100 (UltraSPARC IIe 500MHz) with
Solaris 10 for years, it's been doing the sparc and sparcv9 targets on
bootstraps (have patience :) ) successfully not too long ago:
  http://bootstrap.prefix.bitzolder.nl/results/

Since Solaris 11.4 isn't supported on this machine (heh), tribblix
appears to be the only option if I want to run something more recent on
the machine.  This would effectively test illumnos (Solaris 11 isn't
working for Prefix since its first appearance).

Question here, are there still consumers for Solaris 10?  I don't feel
everything is broken beyond repair at this point.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Re: [PREFIX] future of Solaris 10?

Michael Haubenwallner-3
Hi Fabian,

On 8/11/19 9:14 PM, Fabian Groffen wrote:

> Question here, are there still consumers for Solaris 10?

FWIW, we've given up on any Solaris version here already.

Thanks!
/haubi/